Off hand mod

xchainlinkkx99

I don't know if this was suggested, but I was thinking of a mod when you can use both of your hands instead of just your right arm. If your left isn't crippled yet, why not use it?

I suggest features like:

1. Akimbo mode. Can dual wield any small arm. Pistols, SMGs, Knives, etc.

2. If both arms are crippled, you can't duel wield.

3. If only one arm is crippled, your accuracy with that weapon is decreased, but the other one remains in tact.

4. A shield for your off hand. So you can use a shield and knife, or shield and pistol, or something

5. Perks to enhance the akimbo mode. Like duel wielding assault riffles, reducing reloading time, reducing accuracy loss with crippled arms, removing restriction to single wield with both arms crippled, or just being granted the ability to dual wield as a perk alone, or being able to dual wield melee weapons that normally require both hands at the same time to use one.

6. You can use any different combination to duel wield, so you're not stuck using only 2 of the same weapons at a time.

7. The lighter the weapon, the more accurate it is when dual wielding.

Well I hope to at least see myself dual wielding 2 10mm SMGs sometime soon. Those enclosed spaces makes it hard to fight sometimes. :thumbsup:

Pah... Good luck. People have been begging for this mod for years and nobody seems to want to do it.

"Oh, it's a waste of ammo."

"That's totally stupid -- it's not 'Fallouty' enough..."

As soon as you can get the fanboys to stop whining, maybe then you'll have a chance at seeing it.

Problem with dual-wielding is that it would require new animations which we can't do. War 1982 has been making a bunch of new mods where he has made weapons I thought couldn't possibly be animated, but he's still using vanilla weapon animations, just in very clever ways. Adding new animations is simply impossible at this point. And there's no spiffy way of getting around it that I can possibly think of.

So we need to wait for the ability to add new animations, not just use the ones we have. And I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for realistic/not realistic. Fallout 2 let you dual-wield so it makes sense franchise-wise, although I'm not very fond of the concept myself.

Archived