Game Settings Won't Save

Saddestclaps

I'm new to modding and PC gaming in general, so pardon my ignorance. My mods and game saves seem to be functioning properly from what I can tell, but my settings won't update. I'm stuck on default resolution and it's basically unplayable. Is there a file or folder out of place or something? Please help!

Oblivion Reloaded changes Oblivion.ini to read only. You'll need to change Oblivion.ini to read and write access, make your changes in game settings, and then change Oblivion.ini back to read only.

Oblivion Reloaded changes Oblivion.ini to read only. You'll need to change Oblivion.ini to read and write access, make your changes in game settings, and then change Oblivion.ini back to read only.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the dumb question but how do I change the access? I'm looking through the oblivion.ini and cant seem to find anything. Like I said, very new to modding and PC gaming in general haha

Right click on Oblivion.ini and select Properties. I'm on Win 7 so it may be a bit different in Win 10 but in the Win 7 Properties dialogue box General tab you'll see two tick boxes down at the bottom ... Read Only and Hidden. Remove the tick from Read Only and click Apply. After you make your changes in-game just remember to turn Read only back on (OR doesn't like Oblivion.ini being Read and Write access).

Right click on Oblivion.ini and select Properties. I'm on Win 7 so it may be a bit different in Win 10 but in the Win 7 Properties dialogue box General tab you'll see two tick boxes down at the bottom ... Read Only and Hidden. Remove the tick from Read Only and click Apply. After you make your changes in-game just remember to turn Read only back on (OR doesn't like Oblivion.ini being Read and Write access).

Hmmmm, it wasn't on read only

Make sure you are looking at Oblivion.ini (found in the Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder) and not Oblivion_Default.ini (which is located in your game's Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder).

Make sure you are looking at Oblivion.ini (found in the Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder) and not Oblivion_Default.ini (which is located in your game's Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder).

Ah there we go. Yeah I had an oblivion.ini in my game files as well, not sure what that's about, but I did find the one in the user. Hopefully this should work.

The game uses Oblivion_Default.ini to build/rebuild Oblivion.ini if it can't find it in the Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder. It will simply ignore the Oblivion.ini you have in the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder.