Game Settings Won't Save

Saddestclaps

The game uses Oblivion_Default.ini to build/rebuild Oblivion.ini if it can't find it in the Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder. It will simply ignore the Oblivion.ini you have in the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder.

Still not updating the settings after unchecking the 'read only' box

In the Properties dialogue box look on the Security tab and make sure you see a check mark next to Write in the list in the Allow column.

- Edit - That is when you have your currently logged in User account highlighted in the Group or User Names box at the top.

When you have the account you are currently using highlighted?

Yes, it allows writing for myself, the system and administrators

Does it have the same for Authenticated Users (again ... I'm on Win 7 so that may or may not still exist for Win 10)?

When you have the account you are currently using highlighted?

Yes, it allows writing for myself, the system and administrators

Does it have the same for Authenticated Users (again ... I'm on Win 7 so that may or may not still exist for Win 10)?

It has a check for System, Brandon (my username) and administrator. Those are the only groups or usernames.

Ya ... I was doing my step by step looking at an old character's INI (from back in my WinXP days ... I am a dinosaur). Only other thing I can suggest to check is what it says in the Properties - Security tab for Full Control and Modify under the Allow column.

Ya ... I was doing my step by step looking at an old character's INI (from back in my WinXP days ... I am a dinosaur). Only other thing I can suggest to check is what it says in the Properties - Security tab for Full Control and Modify under the Allow column.

I disabled all my mods and changed the settings and they saved. Now I'm gonna try to re-enable them and see if it stays.

EDIT: They did, now the mods are causing issues lol thanks for the help though!

Edited by Saddestclaps

I disabled all my mods and changed the settings and they saved. Now I'm gonna try to re-enable them and see if it stays.

EDIT: They did, now the mods are causing issues lol thanks for the help though!

I'm curious ... are you using a mod manager like MO2 or Vortex?