Thinking of picking up a 3DS XL

dthumb

I reaching that point in life where I can't sit for long stretches of time and just play on my PC, but have tons of free time outside of the house.

I'm thinking of picking up a 3DS... buuuuut, I'm not sure what games I'm going to get out of it. Of course there's Monster Hunter coming out next month, but what else?

Help me choose a game to start with:

Ocarina of Time- never played a Zelda game before. :P

Fire Emblem- havent touched a JRPG in a decade lol. Looks interesting though.

Harvest Moon-not sure what to expect here.

Or just buy Civ5/Total War/Sim City and suck it up?

I bought a 3ds and the only thing I've ever played on it was Pokemon gold. I never even played any of the free games they gave out After the price drop. Hand held gaming just isn't my thing lol

Psvita, there is a gran turismo coming out for it, lol although no price drop for the vita yet. Sigh only in japan for some reason, bad marketing maybe, it strikes again.

Edited by Thor.

A handheld just needs one game that grabs you. I have a PSP and although I have 10 or so good games for it the only game I really played on it was Ridge Racers 2. That game grabbed me and did not let go (and is the reason I get pissed off every time I see RR: Unbounded. What a screw up that is). The PSP is pretty much broken due to age and heavy use now but I still miss RR2.

So don't so much look at the number of games that are good but find the game(s) that makes you want to buy a 3DS. The kind of game that if you saw it at the store you'd want to buy a 3DS right there on the spot just to play it. Else there is no point in buying a handheld and you'd be better off buying a nice pc game or two instead.

Thanks for the tips guys, I got the 3DS XL today and was lucky enought to find Fire Emblem restocked. Played with it for bit, still need some getting used to. :)

Thanks for the tips guys, I got the 3DS XL today and was lucky enought to find Fire Emblem restocked. Played with it for bit, still need some getting used to. :smile:

Thing with Fire Emblem... Don't die, ever. If a character dies, reload.

you can turn permadeath off in the new one