We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Thinking of picking up a 3DS XL

dthumb

Thanks for the tips guys, I got the 3DS XL today and was lucky enought to find Fire Emblem restocked. Played with it for bit, still need some getting used to. :smile:

Thing with Fire Emblem... Don't die, ever. If a character dies, reload.

you can turn permadeath off in the new one

Well that's just silly. The Permadeath part was what made the series so interesting and challenging.

Thanks for the tips guys, I got the 3DS XL today and was lucky enought to find Fire Emblem restocked. Played with it for bit, still need some getting used to. :smile:

Thing with Fire Emblem... Don't die, ever. If a character dies, reload.

And people wonder why most games are so easy these days. :down: "If you can't take the heat get out of the nuclear reactor."

The game was designed for permadeath so don't turn it off.

Another good 3DS game is the Final Fantasy Music game. Incredible visuals, tons of remixes of songs from the series, and it looks so damn good. I think it's called Ogarythm or something like that.

IF you like J-Pop or Japanese music in general then find Takitu No Justu, it's the arcade drum game for the 3DS. Really simple music game.

Fire Embelem is a fantastic game, also Kid Icarus and the new Luigi's Mansion game are fantastic as well.

Another is Virtue Last Reward, it's a visual novel game (don't worry there's english version) and it's the highest rated 3DS game on Metacritc. It has puzzles in it as well, and there's 32 different endings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best to get a psvita, more games and then some coming this year, well over 100 games in fact.

Not to mention its popularity is higher then the 3ds, even though its not selling as much, people are more or less satisfied "more" with the psvita.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/03/22/four-reasons-why-vitas-more-popular-than-you-think

proof

lol i couldn't resist.

Edited by Thor.