Constant, Random, CTD's Load order image inside.

lostami

I am getting constant random CTD's and it's bugging the s#*! out of me.
I have this image of my load order so if there is anything wrong with it you can tell me.

These are the three major repeat factors in 90% of my CTD's

#1 Just travaling any real distance on foot, staying in a single area seems to be fine.

#2 Looting or opening containers/bodies. (usually after I have travaled a large distance on foot.)
#3 Saving, quicksaving, autosaving, (usually after travaling a large distance on foot.)

System Specs:
RAM: 4gb
CPU: Intel Core 2 duo 2.60ghz
Graphics Hard: AMD Radeon HD 6570

Load order: See bellow, this is the whole load order (it fit in one window)

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2583/loadorder.png

Edited by lostami

Can you post your BOSS log (with the messages)? Include the list of plugins not recognized by BOSS if one is generated. Enclose them in spoiler tags so they don't clutter the screen.

Also, have you made any modifications to your ini files?

I don't know what a boss log is or where to find in on my machine.
Oh... I don't have BOSS, never used it before either, I just use the nexus mod manager.... guess that is a rookie mistake...
Just downloaded and installed it. Logs posted

As for my ini, yes only by instructions from the ENB I use and faster arrows mod to increase the distance and arrow will fly before despawning.

Also BOSS told me I did not have SKSE... at all... not sure what it is for, but I installed it anyway... I'm not very good at these things....

PS: I cleaned up my ancient signature and my original post to help clean up the page a bit for you.

BOSS Recognised 01

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4752/bossrecignised01.png

BOSS Recognised 02

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6859/bossrecignised02.png

BOSS Unrecognised

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2228/bossunrecignised.png

Edited by lostami

These plugins are
recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist.
Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 73 ITM, 1 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 607 ITM, 82 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 171 ITM, 11 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • ApachiiHair.esm Active
  • JSwords.esm Active
    • Warning:
      Original file was released before the CK (07 Feb. 2012) a compatibility
      patch fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained here. (Compatibility Patch)
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
  • Vampire Face Fixes.esp Active
    • Note: This mod will not be compatible with any mods that alter the vampire character classes.
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
  • BooksBooksBooks.esp Active
  • Cowardly essential horses.esp Active
  • Cowardly essential Frost.esp Active
  • Cowardly essential Shadowmere.esp Active
  • ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp Active
  • FollowerHuntingbowFix.esp Active
  • UnlimitedBookshelves.esp Active
  • NamedSoulGems.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 3 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Svs Super Collection Jewelry.esp Active
  • AllowAmuletRing.esp Active
  • Earrings Set1.esp Active
  • imp_helm.esp Active
  • JetheadArmors.esp Active
  • JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp Active
  • LordOfWar_TW2.esp Active
  • OrcishMaskedHelmet.esp Active
  • UNP Jewelry Variants V-2.esp Active
  • FasterArrows50.esp
  • FasterArrows75.esp Active
  • FasterArrows100.esp
  • FasterArrows.esp
  • NPCsMoveatPlayerSpeed.esp Active
  • Realistic Lighting.esp Active
  • Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp Active
  • Crimson Tide - Blood.esp Active
  • dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp Active
  • 3DNPC.esp Active
  • Essential followers - all followers.esp Active
  • Basvanbeu MuscleTextureChanger with Navetsea set.esp
  • NormalVampireFaces.esp Active
  • WATER.esp Active
  • GreenWaterFixForWATER.esp Active
    • Note: Obsolete. Update to latest version.

The following plugins
were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using
your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality.
You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist
directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link
and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.

• TradeTools&FirewoodWeightFix.esp Active
  • FemaleToMaleHelmets.esp Active
  • TavernClothes-MTM.esp Active
  • BladesArmorEnhanced.esp Active
  • Gilded Steel Plate Armor.esp Active

1) Cleaning: download TES5Edit from that link, follow the instructions on the page, and clean the plugins flagged by BOSS as containing 'dirty edits.' You will need to remove identical to master entries as well as undelete/disable deleted references.

2) Maintenance: go through the BOSS log and attend to any error messages, for example:

• GreenWaterFixForWATER.esp Active
    • Note: Obsolete. Update to latest version.

That's the only one I found, but check to make sure I didn't miss any.

3) Unrecognized plugins: the plugins not recognized by BOSS, what do you normally do with them? Right now, after running BOSS, they go to the bottom of the load order where they will override conflicting records of any plugins loaded before them. This is not a good idea. What BOSS recommends is that their load position be arranged manually, which usually means loading these plugins in TES5Edit and compare them with the other plugins in your load order, to look for conflicts. If there are no conflicts, then these plugins can load any where above your compatibility patches (although it looks like you aren't using any). If they do contain conflicting records with other plugins, then you'll need to decide who should 'win' (plugins loaded later in the load order override conflicts of plugins loaded earlier) and use your mod manager to arrange their load order position accordingly. Alternatively, you can just uninstall them and not deal with the aggravation.

4) SKSE: whether you need it or not depends on whether any of the mods you are using needs SKSE or not. Most veteran mod users are probably using at least one SKSE mod so the message is there to remind them to update if they are still using an old version of SKSE.

This cleaner tool is rather confusing... I'm rather afraid i'll screw the pooch.
It's flagging the official ESM files for hearthfire, Dawnguard and Update as having dirty edits... should I clean those as well?
I found instructions on how to clean the official ESM's on the site TES5Edit pointed out.
I cleaned all the ITM logged and updated the greenwaterfix, uninstalled everything I did not care to go through the effort of cleaning.

But I've had these CTD's since I got the game (even with no mods) I'm wondering if all the ITM stuff in the official ESM's might have been to blame... BTW WOW there sloppy 600+ ITM in dawnguard alone!

EDIT: Still crashing... then again I don't even have a clue how to use this tool for more then ITM stuff.
EDIT: It seems to have something against the marsh south of solitude... I walk all the way from Rorikstead to the marsh without a crash but once in the marsh after I got a little way into the marsh it CTD's, Then I tried from Solitude through the marsh, yet again it crashes only after going into the marsh. I am finding that odd.
I installed WATER and all it's components so it's not that, but then again like i said, I have had CTD's even when i was playing vanilla... Is my PC just not powerful enough?

Edited by lostami

You still need to deal with the unrecognized plugins. As i mentioned, right now they are loading at the bottom of the load order, overriding all other plugins with conflicting records, undoing all previousl efforts to stabilize your load order. You can do one of two things: 1) check them all in TES5Edit and look for conflicting records, then based on that decide where they should load in the load order. There are only 5 plugins, so it's not so bad (compared with some of the other load orders posted here, where the user has dozens of unrecognized plugins), or 2) uninstall them, so you don't need to deal with this.

Your rig is old but should be able to run a relatively stable Skyrim with a reasonably modest size load order. The biggest issue would be that 32bit OS won't allow you to benefit from the patch that enabled Skyrim to utilize 4GB ram. This means you should stay away from 'Hi-Res texture replacer' type mods if you are using any.

Have you previously modified your ini files?

Only things I have textures for is the people and one or two armors, the people (women only) are the ones with any hi-ras, I long since gave up on the notion of hi-res textures on everything.
I deleted all the unrecognized plugings but the issue persists, I don't really know how to read the TES5Edit, it all just looks like letters and numbers, some in red some in green some just white..
I'm afraid to go dink with anything because I don't know what an error or a conflict would look like.

Is there a video that shows how to use this tool in more depth other then the one I already saw about ITM edits?
As for my ini no I don't touch that thing without instructions from a mod author, whom I assume knows more about ini files then me.

EDIT: I stared at it for an hour... I think i got the hang of it, I looked closer at what was red and noticed that somethings like of instance unlimited bookselves was making lydias bow unremovable, while my other mod made to do the exact opposite was pulling the other way.. I made the changes by each mod match and it went green.... why would unlimited bookshelves edit bows on companions.....

EDIT: After some dinking around I think I fix a long standing but I was having, lydia was spawning hunting bows because unlimited shelves was conflicting with my mod to make them removable so she would actually use the bows i have her.

EDIT: Still getting CTD's but at this point it could just be due to my save game still holding scripts and such from before the fixes, I'm going to try and totally new game with my mods and see if that fixes the issues, after all my current game was running these conflicts for a while before I started "cleaning" it all up.

Addition: This is my SkyrimPrefs

[General]
fBrightLightColorB=1.0000
fBrightLightColorG=1.0000
fBrightLightColorR=1.0000
iStoryManagerLoggingEvent=-1
bEnableStoryManagerLogging=0
[imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1
iRadialBlurLevel=0
[Display]
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=0
fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
fShadowDistance=2000.0000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowSplitCount=2
iMaxAnisotropy=8
fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000
fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=3600.0000
fGamma=1.0000
fDecalLOD2=1500.0000
fDecalLOD1=1000.0000
fSpecularLODStartFade=1500.0000
fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000
fLightLODStartFade=3500.0000
iTexMipMapMinimum=0
iTexMipMapSkip=0
iWaterMultiSamples=0
iMultiSample=8
iShadowMode=3
bTreesReceiveShadows=0
bDrawLandShadows=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1050
iSize W=1680
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=3072.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=4096.0000
iScreenShotIndex=2
bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
bMainZPrepass=0
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=3
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=10
bFloatPointRenderTarget=0
sD3DDevice="AMD Radeon HD 6570"
bFXAAEnabled=0
iShadowMapResolution=512
fShadowBiasScale=0.5000
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iAdapter=0
iPresentInterval=1
iShadowFilter=3
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bTransparencyMultisampling=0
bDeferredShadows=1
bDrawShadows=1
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=1
fGrassStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000
[MAIN]
bGamepadEnable=0
bCrosshairEnabled=1
fHUDOpacity=1.0000
bSaveOnPause=1
bSaveOnTravel=1
bSaveOnWait=1
bSaveOnRest=1
fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=150000.0000
[GamePlay]
bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1
bShowQuestMarkers=1
iDifficulty=3
[interface]
bDialogueSubtitles=1
bGeneralSubtitles=1
fMouseCursorSpeed=1.0000
bShowCompass=1
[Controls]
fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=1.0000
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0140
bAlwaysRunByDefault=1
bInvertYValues=0
bGamePadRumble=0
bMouseAcceleration=1
bUseKinect=0
[Particles]
iMaxDesired=750
[saveGame]
fAutosaveEveryXMins=15.0000
[AudioMenu]
fAudioMasterVolume=1.0000
fVal7=1.0000
uID7=0
fVal6=1.0000
uID6=0
fVal5=1.0000
uID5=0
fVal4=1.0000
uID4=0
fVal3=1.0000
uID3=94881
fVal2=0.4000
uID2=466532
fVal1=1.0000
uID1=554685
fVal0=0.8000
uID0=1007612
[Clouds]
fCloudLevel2Distance=262144.0000
fCloudLevel1Distance=32768.0000
fCloudLevel0Distance=16384.0000
fCloudNearFadeDistance=9000.0000
[TerrainManager]
fTreeLoadDistance=40000.0000
fBlockMaximumDistance=150000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=40000.0000
fBlockLevel0Distance=25000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.1000
bShowLODInEditor=0
[NavMesh]
fObstacleAlpha=0.5000
fCoverSideHighAlpha=0.8000
fCoverSideLowAlpha=0.6500
fEdgeFullAlpha=1.0000
fEdgeHighAlpha=0.7500
fEdgeLowAlpha=0.5000
fTriangleFullAlpha=0.7000
fTriangleHighAlpha=0.3500
fTriangleLowAlpha=0.2000
fLedgeBoxHalfHeight=25.0000
fEdgeDistFromVert=10.0000
fEdgeThickness=10.0000
fPointSize=2.5000
[Trees]
bRenderSkinnedTrees=1
uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender=20
[Decals]
uMaxDecals=100
bDecals=1
bSkinnedDecals=1
uMaxSkinDecals=35
uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=20
[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=15.0000
fLODFadeOutMultItems=5.2000
fLODFadeOutMultActors=15.0000
fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell=1.0000
[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=4
[blurShaderHDR]
bDoHighDynamicRange=1
[blurShader]
bUseBlurShader=0
[Water]
iWaterReflectHeight=512
iWaterReflectWidth=512
bUseWaterDisplacements=1
bUseWaterRefractions=1
bUseWaterReflections=1
bUseWaterDepth=1

And this is my Skyrim.ini

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=0
bReflectLODTrees=1

After making a completely new 100% vanilla game, I ran from the exit tunnel from helgan, all the way north, through the marsh and into solitude with no CTD.
After Making a completely new Modded game, ran from the exit tunnel from helgan, all the way north, through to the other end of the mash crossed the water to the docks and promptly had a CTD.

So it's apparent that I have not yet fully cleaned my mods, I wish there was a better way to relay what I am seeing in the TES5Edit.

Edited by lostami

You can post screenshots of what you are seeing in TES5Edit (enclose them in spoiler tags). I don't recommend you edit any plugins in your load order, except for the purpose of cleaning. If you need to resolve conflicting records, make a new compatibility patch in TES5Edit containing those records. I can walk you through the process to get started.

Normally, I recommend users simply stick to the stock ini settings. There are certain ini settings which can cause game instability when altered (for example, the ever popular ugridstoload). But since your rig is a bit dated and you are running a 32 bit OS, sometimes ini optimizations might be needed to achieve playable framerates. However, if you are not experiencing FPS issues, then I would recommend you just revert back to default game ini settings. At this point, with 4GB utilization enabled, the game engine is as optimized as it ever will be (which isn't saying very much...). Most ini tweaks from those popular 'tweak guides' attempt to achieve performance gain at the expense of game stability, and isn't really needed except for those running the game on low end machines. Reverting back to default game ini settings will allow you to rule out ini edits as a possible cause to CTDs.

why would unlimited bookshelves edit bows on companions.....

I am not familiar with that mod, but if a mod looks like it's a 'hack job' and doing something it's not suppose to, I would recommend you remove it. Load orders are fragile creatures that needs cleaning and maintenance. No mod is worth jeopardizing the stability of your game.

Edited by ripple