Constant, Random, CTD's Load order image inside.

lostami

You know half of that was beyond my ability to understand.... I have little to no idea what a conflicting record is, or what a compatibility patch is... all i know is there is some things highlighted red, some with bright red text and other with less red text, and there green and black and sort of light green stuff...... Is my obsession with color making my lack of technical understanding clear?

We are talking a total lack of understanding on how this all works....

All I have figured out is if i click and drag stuff in that menu some times the red goes away....

So far I have not made my game explode in nuclear fire....

Oh and i reverted my ini files.

Edited by lostami

You know half of that was beyond my ability to understand.... I have little to no idea what a conflicting record is, or what a compatibility patch is... all i know is there is some things highlighted red, some with bright red text and other with less red text, and there green and black and sort of light green stuff...... Is my obsession with color making my lack of technical understanding clear?

Green typically means a duplicate to master entry. Yellow means only one mod has modified the record. It's the other colours that signify conflicts between mods. When running a large load order, mod conflicts are inevitable. the more important thing is knowing what sort of record it is, what does it do, and whether the conflicting records should be merged or left alone, because in cases of 'true conflicts', you can't merge the records. Only one mod can 'win' and you'll have to decided which mod it should be based on some information about the importance of that conflicting record to the overall functionality of the mod in question. Sharlikran has a number of video tutorials that cover the basic functionality of TES5Edit (like cleaning), but I am not aware of any tutorials that cover advanced record merging for TES5Edit (there might be for previous incarnation of the xxxEdit utilities for the other Bethesday Gamegryo games, like FO3Edit or TES4Edit). Most common mod users rely on dynamically generated compatibility patches through Wrye Bash or the ReProccer (if they are using SkyRe) that do not require manual editing. I didn't recommend Wrye Bash in my previous replies because it's primarily aimed to merge conflicting leveled lists, and I only recognized one mod in your load order that uses leveled lists to distribute gears to NPCs (Jaysus Swords' NPC distribution plugin). It won't hurt to download Wrye Bash and make a Bashed Patch though.

If it's driving you nuts, then I'd recommend you don't touch conflicting records. Just remove the mods that are clearly messing up your game or generating weird anomalies (like book shelf mod editing bows.....if you have the Nexus page for that mod, I'd like to check it out myself to see why it's doing that....).

Stay away from hi-res textures, even for female bodies and armours (and especially bodies...). What kind of FPS are you seeing?

Edited by ripple

Here is the nexus page for unlimited book shelves
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10891

Also the problem is I don't know what even 10% of what TES5Edit shows me, I don't know what a critical conflict would look like, I really have no idea at all how to use it.
At the moment I'm just trying to get it to load my save cause I did something stupid and touched something I should not have, now it crashes when i try to load a save... So I'm just getting the original ESP files back into my data folder and overwriting the edited ESP files ^^

Also I know JetheadArmors.esp edits the leveled list for thalmor as it adds a new armor they use and drop when killed.

And books books books adds more... books... they can spawn where ever books normally spawn and are ins vendors, so I think it also edits the leveled lists.

No idea what my FPS is, don't have a counter, but I know that when i had an ENB installed it it was like 16-20 and so I'd say that normally (no ENB currently installed) I'm 20-35

EDIT: hmm reverting my INI seems to have broken my game, it was not my ESP edits at all...

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of the TES5Edit when apply cleaning filter to all my mods.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/318/samplerj.png

Edited by lostami

1) Apply filter for cleaning, but clean -only- the plugins flagged by your BOSS log as containing dirty edits (and clean them only once, not repeately). The three step process is basically automated. Just follow the step by step instructions on the same page linked by the BOSS log. You don't need to do any sort of editing or merging.

2) What do you mean reverting to stock ini settings 'broke' your game? It can't 'break' your save games, unless you actually did make some bad ini settings to begin with (for example, increasing the value of ugridstoload as I previously mentioned). If you are using ENB, you may have to re-add any ENB ini settings.

3) I checked out the plugin for the bookshelf mod you are using. He does edit many weapons (which means his mod is guaranteed to conflict with many other mods) so the items will have different positions when dropped outside of the character inventory (presumably to make them fit better on a book shelf). IMO it's a really excessive measure for such a simple operation.

This is the book shelf mod that I use. It's a modifications of the default game book shelf scripts. It requires SKSE but does not add an additional plugin into your load order. And since it is a modification of two base game book shelf scripts and does not add new custom scripts (unlike the other mod you are using), it's quite safe to uninstall (where as the other mod will leave an orphan script data that cannot be cleaned from your save game even if after you uninstall the mod and its script files).

4) You can use something like FRAPS to display your framerates in game. If you can maintain 30 FPS or better every where, then you're doing good (given your system specs). Are you experiencing performance issues in game (a lot stuttering and micros-freezes)? And yes, lack of vram can cause your game to CTD (which i s why I recommended to you to stay away from hi-res textures). I'd actually recommend you don't use any ENB, because that's another source of performance hits.

Edited by ripple

Okay So should I uninstall my current book selves mod and add yours? or is it not safe to do so at this point?

All the mods are showing clear of dirty edits now on BOSS.

About the ini, when I returned to a default ini it crashed when trying to load a save game that was made without after I had installed an ENB, then uninstalled it, so at the time of the save there was no ENB installed. So I used my backup of my skyrim documents folder (I back up that whole folder) to replace my ini and it worked again.

Let me go get the free fraps demo real quick. for the FPS.

Okay So should I uninstall my current book selves mod and add yours? or is it not safe to do so at this point?

Probably not. Since the script is already baked into your save game. You can try the latest version of SKSE which has a function that reduces save game bloating caused by orphan script data over time. You can try and continue with the current save games and hope for the best, or start a new game after uninstalling the book shelf mod (which is the only method for ensuring a 'clean save' at the moment).

All the mods are showing clear of dirty edits now on BOSS.

About the ini, when I returned to a default ini it crashed when trying to load a save game that was made without after I had installed an ENB, then uninstalled it, so at the time of the save there was no ENB installed. So I used my backup of my skyrim documents folder (I back up that whole folder) to replace my ini and it worked again.

It sounds like you edited ugridstoload to a higher than default value, so when you reverted to stock ini settings, the save game won't load. There is a method for circumventing this without starting a new game, but I'd like to see your edited ini settings first just to confirm. Alternatively you can consider starting a new game, maybe even a fresh reinstall, so you can make sure everything is 'done right', with the right mods, and so on. I don't necessary recommend that except as a last resort, but it depends on how much time you've sunk into the current save game and how attached you are to the current playthrough.

Okay so outdoors (depending on weather) I get 16-20 FPS and indoors 26-37 FPS on average.
Also, very attached to my current save, and have sunk the better of two weeks into it.

However I'm not adverse to a fresh start, I have learned a lot and could build a much more stable version, also here are my ini files.
Skyrim.ini

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH

uGridsToLoad=7
uInterior Cell Buffer=12
uExterior Cell Buffer=142
fMasterFilePreLoadMB=128.0000
iPreloadSizeLimit=268435456

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Actor]
fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Papyrus]
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=3221225472
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=0
bReflectLODTrees=1

SkyrimPref.ini

[General]
fBrightLightColorB=1.0000
fBrightLightColorG=1.0000
fBrightLightColorR=1.0000
iStoryManagerLoggingEvent=-1
bEnableStoryManagerLogging=0
[imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1
iRadialBlurLevel=1
[Display]
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
fShadowDistance=4000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowSplitCount=2
iMaxAnisotropy=8
fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000
fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=5000
fGamma=1.0000
fDecalLOD2=1500.0000
fDecalLOD1=1000.0000
fSpecularLODStartFade=1000
fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000
fLightLODStartFade=2500
iTexMipMapMinimum=0
iTexMipMapSkip=0
iWaterMultiSamples=0
iMultiSample=8
iShadowMode=3
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1050
iSize W=1680
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=1e+007
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=1e+007
iScreenShotIndex=9
bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
bMainZPrepass=0
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=10
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=30
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
sD3DDevice="AMD Radeon HD 6570"
bFXAAEnabled=0
iShadowMapResolution=2048
fShadowBiasScale=0.25
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iAdapter=0
iPresentInterval=1
iShadowFilter=3
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bTransparencyMultisampling=0
bDeferredShadows=1
bDrawShadows=1
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=0
fGrassStartFadeDistance=5000
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000
[MAIN]
bGamepadEnable=0
bCrosshairEnabled=1
fHUDOpacity=1.0000
bSaveOnPause=1
bSaveOnTravel=1
bSaveOnWait=1
bSaveOnRest=1
fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=150000.0000
[GamePlay]
bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1
bShowQuestMarkers=1
iDifficulty=3
[interface]
bDialogueSubtitles=1
bGeneralSubtitles=1
fMouseCursorSpeed=1.0000
bShowCompass=1
[Controls]
fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=1.0000
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0280
bAlwaysRunByDefault=1
bInvertYValues=0
bGamePadRumble=0
bMouseAcceleration=1
bUseKinect=0
[Particles]
iMaxDesired=750
[saveGame]
fAutosaveEveryXMins=5.0000
[AudioMenu]
fAudioMasterVolume=1.0000
fVal7=1.0000
uID7=0
fVal6=1.0000
uID6=0
fVal5=1.0000
uID5=0
fVal4=1.0000
uID4=0
fVal3=0.5000
uID3=94881
fVal2=0.0000
uID2=466532
fVal1=1.0000
uID1=554685
fVal0=0.4000
uID0=1007612
[Clouds]
fCloudLevel2Distance=262144.0000
fCloudLevel1Distance=32768.0000
fCloudLevel0Distance=16384.0000
fCloudNearFadeDistance=9000.0000
[TerrainManager]
fTreeLoadDistance=40000
fBlockMaximumDistance=150000
fBlockLevel1Distance=40000
fBlockLevel0Distance=25000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.1
bShowLODInEditor=0
[NavMesh]
fObstacleAlpha=0.5000
fCoverSideHighAlpha=0.8000
fCoverSideLowAlpha=0.6500
fEdgeFullAlpha=1.0000
fEdgeHighAlpha=0.7500
fEdgeLowAlpha=0.5000
fTriangleFullAlpha=0.7000
fTriangleHighAlpha=0.3500
fTriangleLowAlpha=0.2000
fLedgeBoxHalfHeight=25.0000
fEdgeDistFromVert=10.0000
fEdgeThickness=10.0000
fPointSize=2.5000
[Trees]
bRenderSkinnedTrees=1
uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender=20
[Decals]
uMaxDecals=250
bDecals=1
bSkinnedDecals=1
uMaxSkinDecals=50
uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=40
[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=7.5
fLODFadeOutMultItems=4.5
fLODFadeOutMultActors=6
fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell=1.0000
[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=4
[blurShaderHDR]
bDoHighDynamicRange=1
[blurShader]
bUseBlurShader=0
[Water]
iWaterReflectHeight=512
iWaterReflectWidth=512
bUseWaterDisplacements=1
bUseWaterRefractions=1
bUseWaterReflections=1
bUseWaterDepth=1

uGridsToLoad=7

As I suspected, you changed the ugridstoload value (the default value is 5). That actually makes your game perform worse. In fact, it's actually recommended that this value not be changed regardless of how powerful the rig is. Increasing the value of ugridstoload above default game paremeters will cause stability issues.

1) Start Skyrim and load up a saved game with the current ini settings.

2) ALT+TAB to switch out of Skyrim

3) Edit Skyrim.ini file as normal, modify the ugridstoload value to 5.

4) Save Skyrim.ini and close it.

5) Use ALT+TAB to switch back to Skyrim

6) Open the console using the tilde ~ key and type "refreshini"

7) Save your game to a new save slot, now that save game should have the altered ugridstoload value.

8 ) Exit Skyim, backup and delete your skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini, launch the game and let it generate new ones. Add ENB ini edits if necessary (but I recommend you dump ENB and look for another lighting alternative that does not generate performance hits).

9) Launch Skyrim and try to load the save game you just made, to make sure it works and everything was done right.

Edited by ripple

I know I never manually changed that value, So how it got changed is beyond me.
Could that be the cause of all my stability issues? and is there a way to salvage my save game from that?
Also is there no way to remove a orphan script?

Edited by lostami

I know I never manually changed that value, So how it got changed is beyond me.

Could that be the cause of all my stability issues? and is there a way to salvage my save game from that?

If that is the primary cause of your game stability issues (and there isn't a sure way to know that), then you can probably safely continue your current save games (you will probably still CTD once in a while, since that is unavoidable even with vanilla Skyrim, let alone a modded set up). The bigger concern would be if there also other reasons why your game CTDs that are related to mods, or if you've uninstalled script mods in the past that has now baked orphan data into your save game (this you will be able to tell if you have your papyrus log turned on). If that is the case, then starting a new game after a fresh install and carefully selected mods would be recommended.

You can try playing a bit with the default game ini settings and see if your game is more stable. If it isn't, we can try and troubleshoot your load order even more and see if there are things that can be done to stabilize the load order without starting a new game. If you do end up going the route of a fresh reinstall and starting a new game, the first thing I would recommend is using the 'Mod Organizer' instead of the NMM to manage your mods and load order. MO has a bit of a 'learning curve' but is a much better utility for managing large load orders than traditional mod managers. It does not install mods directly into the game data folder, so conflicting files never overwrite each other, and you can adjust 'installation order' of mods after they have been installed as easily as you adjust load order of plugins.