Alternate Ending Mod

DigitalEternal

/bump My brother just completed the game and the ending sucks. Charon (ghoul so shouldn't have a problem) or SGT RL-3 could have easily saved your ass there. According to the wiki you can send Charon in but I assume he dies. Failing that, the adv radiation suit, the 20 rad-X and 5 rad-away I carry should do something lol.

Azron could you link to the mod you mentioned?

The wiki is wrong, charon says somthing along the lines of "I've saved your ass enough times, your on your own"

Not an exact quote but it's somthing along those lines

There is ONE main reason why the game ends the way it does. IT'S FALLOUT. Both 1 and 2 ended. there was an actual ending. and staying true to the fallout style they had this one end too.

The problem was is that this was made by Bethesda and everyone just assumed that they would leave it open after the main storyline.

And as far as the followers go, in an interview a couple weeks ago Bethesda said that the followers were put in almost at the end of the development process and they couldn't go back and do anything to change the ending at that point.

So don't go complaining about it. theres a legitimate reason.

And in march/april when Broken Steel comes out it removes the current ending and lets anyone play after the main storyline no matter how you finish the game.

Sorry but i dont really consider that a 'legitimate reason' it would have taken them an hour or two to go back and change the scripting at the end.

I wouldnt have cared if this game 'ended' at the end so long as it didnt end in a really bad way ruining the whole experience of the game.

It was a bad call on their part and one excuse is as good as another, it would have taken nothing from them to have gone back and modified the ending.

I wud wait for the DLC but i own both xbox and pc and on xbox the DLC is 800ms points and thats about 10-12$ in u.s. so if its like 40 for pc thats a rip and the mod is here http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=586 this is for paly after MQ have fun but in ill be play after MQ January o and with that mod i have no clue if its going to mess up the gamer or not if u get the DLC but if some 1 can make a beter ending that wud be nice

Maybe I'm a moron... but I liked the ending alot.. it made it gritty and sad, in short, life is a... well you get the point. (at least you adults do)

I felt like the PC (and myself) had done of true greatness and meaning!

sure, in a situation when its just you and the girl i can see the ending working, but it it makes my mind boggle when i got a perfectly good robot hoving right behind me that could do the job and everybody gets to live, hooray!

damn robot :wallbash:

Archived