Gauntlets with integrated firearms?

Nootau

I have been looking into a few different concepts for trying to find new things to add to the Fallout series that wouldn't be too out of place. Looking at the design of Heavy weapons ad well as the different designs of power armor, they remind me a bit about Planet Side's MAX units. This in turn made me think about FO:NV's 'Ballistic fist', which is basically a Power Armor's gauntlet with a integrated shotgun.

My idea, rather than request something from one game to another, is to create integrated one handed small arm weapons into Power Armor gauntlets. The story reason for these weapons would be, experimental weapons which allow the wearer to always be armed even if their primary weapon, normally a rifle(laser or ballistic) is in turn disarmed or destroyed, or simply as suppressing fire for close range targets.

How do others feel about this idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, I was going to start fiddling around but see if it could aim like a pistol(arm extended), though when looking in first person it would be looking down a leveled fist. Right now I am trying to find a easy way to look through all the aiming, firing and reloading animations to see what kind of combinations would work best.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps add a ballistic fist type fist with different effects. Shotgun (obvious), minigun (shoots a flurry of projectiles upon impact), plasma, laser, explosive. And perhaps set each to a respective category rather than just unarmed? Food for thought.