Better Peformance without NV Stutter Remover - even with 60fps set

SMB92

Anyone find that their game runs better without NVSR? I just took it off and my fps went up a bit from around 45-50 to 55-60 outside, and always 60 flat inside.....

Now I even upped the settings from 4x AA to 8x AA and performance is still the same as 4x XD. I've got the fake full screen but I find FPS is better with CCC having Vsync on rather than off and Triple buffering on, it seems to lag more without it.

I guess NVSR hasn't got all that much support for 1.4 version of NV....

Can't say I even get that, I use CCC to lock it at 60, sometimes it goes to 61 in fraps but not often. Lowest fps in the last 2 hours without NVSR has been 28 during a CASM save and 21 during a cell transition and 44 walking around the wastes. With NVSR I'd barely ever see the full 60 and it went down as far as 30fps walking around the waste. Now I even bumped up AA to x8 and still better performance XD

Idk maybe my machine doesn't like these things and just has RAW power without them XD

It hard to judge what's best, the game is a mess, it's running on a dogs dinner of an engine and there are countless combinations of hardware and mods to take into account. I get 60 solid unless there's a lot happening, a cell transition or CASM starts to do it's thing. AA, Vsync and AF are all set in game.

XDXDXD

@Jim - I findthat AF and AA are best set in game but Vsync turned off with fake fullscreen but set in CCC. No tearing but I did notice the in game Vsync is taxing but CCC is better. The worst one is Anistropic filtering, the in game one is the only one that works though it won't have any effect if set in CCC....

I've just done some testing and I'm baffled, by setting the AA in CCC rather than in game I can use 4 x Supersampling and get the same frame rate that I got with 4 x multi sampling that was set in game (60 Vsync). In fact when it comes to Monster Wars Epic Battles my frame rate is higher with CCC set 4 x Supersampling than it was with in game set 4 x multi sampling. I'm playing at 1080p with a Sapphire 7970 DualX.

On one ASUS 7970 DCU2T I get hardly any noticeable difference with 4x SSAA than with 8x SSAA. I still get a lag when cells load occassionally which NVSR was good for sort of, but with fake fullscreen and Vsynce + Triple buffering in CCC NVSR gets left for dead and there's no point having it. I noticed having the games AA on at the same time at (x4) improves the visuals but costs about 5 fps.

Game will never cease to amaze you will it XD

I haven't tried 8x yet, I shall investigate. Just out of interest I tried Fallout 3, that did take a hit with Supersampling although not as much as I thought it would, Skyrim again took a hit but not by much, in game or CCC didn't really make a lot of difference. New Vegas makes no sense at all, Multisampling shouldn't hit the frame rate harder than Supersampling. I'm not going to complain, I'll leave Supersampling on and enjoy the visuals.