Living In Whiterun/Solitude

AlduinWorldEater

Well, as the title suggests, I"m looking to live in one of these two cities...without being Thaned. It's not that I don't want to go through the quests, it's that I'm trying to play an "everyman" character, one who doesn't really quest unless she sees or is confronted by someone in need. It's a weird playstyle, I'm sure. I've got a few player homes downloaded, but none of them are in these two particular cities...which just happen to be my two favourite cities. I'm using the Real Cities mods for these two locations, so compatibility would be preferred...though I'd willingly disable them for the right home. I know I could google or search the nexus, but I like getting help from the community, as the suggestions of others are more...personal...than just sorting through a cold list.

That, and I wanted to introduce my "everyman" play style, and get critiques/criticisms on it. How do y'all think it'll work out?

One option to consider is to simply allow Breezehome to be bought. You could do this "unofficially" via console commands by waiting until you had the appropriate amount of gold, then removing it from yourself while granting yourself the key. Wouldn't be able to upgrade the home via talking to the steward, but that might fit your "everyman" style better anyway.

I'm sure you could do something similar in Solitude, but to be honest all my characters live in Whiterun (in Breezehome) and just visit the other cities when necessary (and don't tend to stick around longer than necessary).

I uploaded a mod a few months back where you could buy breezehome without being a thane, I got a personnal one with all the houses unlocked + the hearthfire homes but I doubled the price instead,I haven't released this one though.

Would like to have a mod like that.

Kudos for the pic of Saren, too. Love the Turians. :thumbsup:

I uploaded a mod a few months back where you could buy breezehome without being a thane, I got a personnal one with all the houses unlocked + the hearthfire homes but I doubled the price instead,I haven't released this one though.

Would like to have a mod like that.

Kudos for the pic of Saren, too. Love the Turians. :thumbsup:

Eh thx, one of my favorite vilain, I will look into uploading it, I only had some issue with the incorrect price showing for no apparent reason, maybe it won't be a problem on other people computer, you will also need hearthfire since I didn't do a vanilla skyrim version of it yet.I will post the link here.

Edited by littleork

You can also try alternate start mod and pick the owning property in one of the holds, though I don't know how upgrading will work.

That mod's iffy on my computer. Graphics card makes the shadows look all weirdish, makes it very hard to create a character in that particular cell due to horrid lighting. I'll look into what I can do about the shadows and lighting situation though.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32364

There you go, there might be some small issues in the mod but they are really minor, if there is something really bad though, just leave a msg on the mod and if its quick I should be able to fix it the next day.

D/L'd, going to add it on and test it out in the morning.