Decapitation: A Construction Kit Dilemma

Campaigner

Simple question this time, but the answer just keeps eluding me: How do I set it so that decapitation does not prevent reviving the decapitated NPC?

A while ago, I did this for a personal mod, and subsequently deleted it because of bugs. Now that I know how to properly edit things in the CK (other than scripts), I can't find whatever it is that controls this. It's not the Actor Value for Decapitation (there isn't one, either), it's not in the armor "DecapitatedHead" or "DecapitatedNeck", and looking through each playable race yields no results.

I really want to raise the headless dead again, but no mod does it for some reason. Could someone help me find this value, keyword, or whatever controls it?

Simple question this time, but the answer just keeps eluding me: How do I set it so that decapitation does not prevent reviving the decapitated NPC?

A while ago, I did this for a personal mod, and subsequently deleted it because of bugs. Now that I know how to properly edit things in the CK (other than scripts), I can't find whatever it is that controls this. It's not the Actor Value for Decapitation (there isn't one, either), it's not in the armor "DecapitatedHead" or "DecapitatedNeck", and looking through each playable race yields no results.

I really want to raise the headless dead again, but no mod does it for some reason. Could someone help me find this value, keyword, or whatever controls it?

There is a keyword "magicnoreanimate" which prevents reanimate spells from being applied to certain actors. Naturally, this keyword is used on things like mechanical NPCs or Dragons which cannot be reanimated.

It is used by several NPC's, Races, and Magic Effects which cause the reanimation. I figured it was most likely that the culprit would be on a magic effect or quest, where the actor that is decapitated either fills an alias with the keyword or a magic effect is applied with the keyword when it is decapitated, thus preventing reanimation.

I could not find any magic effects that looked suspicious, but I did notice a quest in there.

DA02 is the name of the quest. Try taking a look at that. Though it seems unlikely.

The other place to look is in perks. There might be some conditionals or wonky stuff that is doing what you say.

There is a keyword "magicnoreanimate" which prevents reanimate spells from being applied to certain actors. Naturally, this keyword is used on things like mechanical NPCs or Dragons which cannot be reanimated.

It is used by several NPC's, Races, and Magic Effects which cause the reanimation. I figured it was most likely that the culprit would be on a magic effect or quest, where the actor that is decapitated either fills an alias with the keyword or a magic effect is applied with the keyword when it is decapitated, thus preventing reanimation.

I could not find any magic effects that looked suspicious, but I did notice a quest in there.

DA02 is the name of the quest. Try taking a look at that. Though it seems unlikely.

The other place to look is in perks. There might be some conditionals or wonky stuff that is doing what you say.

Sadly, I've already been fiddling with the "MagicNoReanimate", as the mod I'm making takes that off of certain NPCs like Kodlak and Vigilant Adalvald, and it's not applied to player races unfortunately.

For the quest, that's Boethiah's quest, and it's only there because headless NPCs don't get revived by Boethiah. Can't see anything else in that.

Looking through all the perks now.

Chances are I might have to do a hack-job and just put conditions saying "GetisRace (blahblah) == 0" for every race that shouldn't be reanimated, but that'd be sloppy. Hopefully I don't have to do that.

EDIT: Sadly, there were no perks that had any notice of changing the head to the severed one. I also tried to remove the keyword "MagicNoReanimate" from all of the reanimate spells, but that still didn't work.

Edited by Campaigner

Sadly, I've already been fiddling with the "MagicNoReanimate", as the mod I'm making takes that off of certain NPCs like Kodlak and Vigilant Adalvald, and it's not applied to player races unfortunately.

For the quest, that's Boethiah's quest, and it's only there because headless NPCs don't get revived by Boethiah. Can't see anything else in that.

Looking through all the perks now.

Chances are I might have to do a hack-job and just put conditions saying "GetisRace (blahblah) == 0" for every race that shouldn't be reanimated, but that'd be sloppy. Hopefully I don't have to do that.

Well you could take off that condition for the keyword and see if it gives you the right results. If it does, you know the keyword is responsible for the issue, in which case you can keep digging to find what is applying that keyword to decapitated actors that would otherwise not have the keyword, or you could do your hack and slash method of manually adding the races you don't want to be reanimated, which could be accomplished by checking for the actortypeundead and actortypenpc keywords, and then going through and adding any other npcs or undeads you dont want reanimated which would be a giant pain in the ass.

And if removing the keyword condition doesn't help, well, then you know not to bother with it and to start looking for other reasons.