Interaction - or lack thereof

piercepd

Apologies if this is mega simple but I can't find it anywhere online!

I've made my NPC chicken, I've added dialogue but I can't get it to interact with me! No "press e to speak" comes up.

I then made the NPC chicken into a conjurable creature which works. It conjures, it fights, it sods off or, if attacked, it dies & turns into the ghostly remains.

I've given it things in the inventory but no matter what I do, when I press e to "search ghostly remains" nothing happens!!

What am I missing, I've been on this one point for 2 days & it's driving me mad!!

Note: I have no idea what scripts really are or how to add a custom one or which one to select if I need one, I am a complete beginner & need an answer in the simplest possible terms!

Thanks!!

You cannot interact with the actor because its 'Race' won't allow it, in order to be able to "E" talk to the actor you need to create a new race and assign that race to your actor, in the new created race check / click the "Allow PC talk" (or something like that, i don't remember the exact name righ now).

In order to be able to access the actor's inventory, if the actor is not a follower, you need to add a scripted function (papyrus fragment) to the end of the corresponding dialogue. ( In your dialogue line that says: "show me your inventory" ).

* Don't get frustrated and mad so easily, as you said you are a beginner, and there is a looooong way ahead to be in a position to be able to handle / conquer all of CK's features internals + externals, by losing control you won't achieve anything !, only by researching and studying hard you can get to your goal !, unfortunately there is no other way...

Have a happy mdding.