Sudden lack of performance

Johnsenpai

Hi all,

I don't know what it is as I've just come back from Skyrim, where I was using ENB with all it's goodies along with 2k textures at a happy 50-60 FPS, to end up having Fallout drop to 30 on occasions when I was able to hit 60 anywhere and everywhere.

I would love some advice as Dead Money is at a painful ~30FPS

You're telling me, I played and beat Dead Money, Old World Blues, and Honest Hearts with the game absolutely stuck on 120 FPS (since I have a 120hz monitor) with my GTX 580.

Now i'm running a GTX 660 Ti which isn't really an upgrade, more of a power efficient side-grade and suddenly with the dx9 .dll fix + 4GB LargeAreaAddress fixes, doesn't get me back to that glorious 120 FPS buttery smoothness, now I find dips into 50 FPS. I can't possibly fathom playing at 30 FPS, but the dips into 50's is really irking me :c

Good luck! I'm trying all that I can to get this sorted out!

Look at my specs. I'm running 5-60, that's normal. 30 fps drops as your walking through the Mojave is common when cells get loaded into RAM. Their is a very delicate balance with the setting you use to get it right, for me 8x SSAA with CCC is better than the game engines 4x AA, that's just for example. You really have to fiddle with the settings to get it right.

Google NV tweakguies guide and download NV Configator. It will take some time to get right, good luck and don't get too frustrated with it :)