Top five WORST MMO's/RPG's

Kellao

Games I have played:

Worst RPGs:

5) Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

4) Fallout 3

3) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

2) Neverwinter Nights (Original Campaign)

1) Oblivion

Games I have not played:

Worst MMOs:

5) - 1) Any pay-for-play MMO.

lol, sounds more like "Best RPGs" with Oblivion being the best^^.

Of course, that is a matter of taste.

Worst RPGs:

4) Fallout 3

1) Oblivion

I'm curious to know what your best list looks like.

Worst RPGs:

4) Fallout 3

1) Oblivion

I'm curious to know what your best list looks like.

Best RPGs in a general, but not final, order are:

1)

-a) Fallout 2

-b) Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

-c) A Dance With Rouges I/II

-d) Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

-e) The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

2)

-a) Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

-b) Baldur’s Gate 2

-c) Planescape: Torment

-d) Neverwinter Nights II: Mask of The Betrayer

-e) Mass Effect

-f) Wasteland

3)

-a) Freelancer

-b) Fallout

-c) Neverwinter Nights II

-d) Knights of the Old Republic

Other:

-a) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Shadow of Chernobyl*

-b) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky*

*If these are even considered role-playing games, there are some who say yeah and others who hold the opposing position.

I have to Say that the worst MMO I have ever played is WOW. Mainly b/c I think the graphics are too cartoonish and pixally. Also b/c the HUD is just way to confusing; I can never tell which thing is which. Also the run around and kill newbies style just doesn't appeal to me. Sry WOW fans but this is my opinion.

The worst RPG is definately that one made for Dragon Ball Z. I mean I can't even remember its name thats how bad it was. :banana:

I could never play Wow...

me neither. I really like RP though to add some purpose to the characters. reason why I love dungeons and Dragons.

I think Runescape has appeal because of:

1) No isntall required: You never needed to install anything Java script did it all for you!

2) Very free: It was a free to play MMO (unless you got membership) that didnt require you to have a graphics card of some kind or sound card. Hell I think all windows computers could very well meet the prerequisites needed to play runescape.

3) Server Space: THERES A LOT OF IT! i mean really good F***! look how many people can be on at once! like 2555 peeps! I mean the most ive seen from NWN was 80. and Dungeon Runners could only hold about 250 on a server. but runescape WOW! so many people! I think theres probably an amount of people who use runescape as a chat room as opposed to an actual game.

hmmmmm...I think we need someone who has a major in marketing to research this for us and to tell us why runescape is so popular.

The top five worst RPG's/MMO's are...

World of Warcraft ranked at number 1.

50 trillion people may play that game, but that doesn't mean it's good. It's boring, bland, and all there is to do is kill things. How is that fun? Granted, killing things is fun. IE: Crysis, FEAR 2, Oblivion. Especially with lots of blood, gore, and bodies flying around. But what is WoW? Hack and slash, no blood, no ragdolls, crappy graphics... I don't even know how this game got so popular. Did I mention the graphics are worse than Morrowind's? Come on, it feels like you're playing some Looney Toons BS for christ's sake. The least they could give us were non-cartoonish characters, and better transitions between environments. But nope... Suddenly, the desert just stops there, and-- OH LOOK! The frozen tundra!

Dungeon Siege ranked at number 2.

This doesn't even need explaining.

Final Fantasy at number 3.

Big boobies, lots of emo drama, retarded outfits, idiotic music... Oh wait... Isn't that EVERY Japanese RPG? Oh right! Played one, played them all! Step up folks, time to ride the cookie cutter video game train!

Runescape ranked at number 4.

Doesn't even need explaining.

Number 5 is Zelda.

Alright, Peter Pan meets Lord of the Rings. Sounds cool-- NOT.

----

The best RPG of all time?

Now, this is a little unfair due to this game being rather new, and way more advanced than most RPG's/MMO's out there... But I have to say it's Mass Effect. I've never gotten so attached to a game. I never really got hooked into Oblivion, Morrowind, KOTOR... or any of that... But Mass Effect really got me hooked. It was so well done, there was nothing else they needed to do. The game is perfect. Nothing is missing. Nothing was done wrong. Everything is just perfect.

The only flaw would have to be the lack of multiplayer. But isn't that every good RPG's flaw?

But hey, Fairy, I gotta agree with you on most of those RPG's you listed. ESPECIALLY S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC. Wasn't a big fan of CS, but SOC was amazing.

If we're being liberal with the genre then...

I've never played any RPG I couldn't say something good about. None of these are bad games altogether. But they all let me down in some pretty big ways:

5) Oblivion sans mods. Main quest wasn't too great, imo.

4) Fallout 3 for it's level cap.

3) Most JRPGs by reason of cliché. You can create whatever lore you want, but if I'm twelve and saving the princess from a dragon, I don't care if it's fantasy or high tech. It's not fresh and it's not original.

2) Neverwinter Nights. Unremarkable single-player, surprisingly expansive multiplayer.

1) MMOs in general.

I suppose I simply don't like them. After going through ten or so, I'm sure I won't find one I like to suit my play style. Specifically because they typically don't end, can't maintain any kind of atmosphere, and require you to meet and interact with others. MMOs once sounded like the holy grail of RPGs, but harsh reality has since blunted my interest.

Archived