Top five WORST MMO's/RPG's

Kellao

I'd have to agree with your statement on MMO's, doomjockey. I typically find that MMO's can't keep my attention for more than about 20 levels in. I had to pay my friend 20 million SWG credits to get him to level my character to 90. The grind is horrible in each of these games. They're all bland, IMO. SWG only kept me playing because of the houses, the cities, the unique armor and clothing selections... Oh, and it's sci-fi and Star Wars. I've been playing that game since it came out, but never leveled my own character to max. Haha.

Personally, I'm a reclusive kind of guy. I don't like hanging around folks much, and I tend to be overly-critical of others. I just never fit in in MMO's, and they don't allow me to play by myself. Especially these new MMO's with their instances. Can't get the uber gear unless you want to play with a bunch of 9 year old elitist PvP'ers. Heh, not that 9 year old gamers are bad or nothin'.

So many reasons why I don't care for MMOs. Raids and the grind are huge ones.

I hate having to plan my entertainment time around something as intrinsic to RPGs as gaining XP. I've played games where it can take from a few minutes to a few hours to reach level ten alone. And of course your "endgame" consists of killing the same boss every few weeks to flip a coin on who gets what. Or joining some guild that wants to make your play time into a second job. I just ha-- *throat clogs with bile*

Ahem. Right.

But I like to explore in MMOs since they typically have huge environments. Unfortunately, this usually doesn't net you anything beyond a nice screen cap.

I believe the worst MMO I've played is Final Fantasy XI.

The top five worst RPG's/MMO's are...

World of Warcraft ranked at number 1.

50 trillion people may play that game, but that doesn't mean it's good. It's boring, bland, and all there is to do is kill things. How is that fun? Granted, killing things is fun. IE: Crysis, FEAR 2, Oblivion. Especially with lots of blood, gore, and bodies flying around. But what is WoW? Hack and slash, no blood, no ragdolls, crappy graphics... I don't even know how this game got so popular. Did I mention the graphics are worse than Morrowind's? Come on, it feels like you're playing some Looney Toons BS for christ's sake. The least they could give us were non-cartoonish characters, and better transitions between environments. But nope... Suddenly, the desert just stops there, and-- OH LOOK! The frozen tundra!

Dungeon Siege ranked at number 2.

This doesn't even need explaining.

Final Fantasy at number 3.

Big boobies, lots of emo drama, retarded outfits, idiotic music... Oh wait... Isn't that EVERY Japanese RPG? Oh right! Played one, played them all! Step up folks, time to ride the cookie cutter video game train!

Runescape ranked at number 4.

Doesn't even need explaining.

Number 5 is Zelda.

Alright, Peter Pan meets Lord of the Rings. Sounds cool-- NOT.

wow...I cant even begin to tell you whats wrong with some of your things. I'll state Zelda's case first. First of all Zelda is NOT an RPG. the only zelda game that was even remotley like an RPG was Zelda II for NES. and its really not "Peter Pan meets lord of the rings". I assume your calling it peterpan because he wears green and has an out fit? okay well thats just Link's Signature. Dont know where you get lord of the rings from...I guess you could say...nah nevermind LoTR has nothing to do with zelda. have you even played Zelda? or do you just not like the way he looks? Im sorry but I have to dissagree with you and the phrase "Alright, Peter Pan meets Lord of the Rings. Sounds cool-- NOT." doesent explain why you dont think its that great.

Final Fantasy...you actually are somewhat correct. but not entirely. sounds more like you described Final Fantasy VII in a nutshell. However Final Fantasy I is a very good game. also not all Japan RPG's are like that. Dragon Warrior is a great game and you make it seem like the Japanese are the only ones who commited the crime of makeing things suckish. look at George Lucas. Ruined Indiana Jones, Is trying to ruin starwars, and he made the worlds worst film known as Howard the Duck. The Japanese can make some good RPG's unfortunatley alot of them seem to be doing what you have said or just copying Final Fantasy VII as much as possible. and besides...being a guy...whats wrong with big boobies? I like big boobies. nothing wrong with boobs. Dont you like boobs? emo drama...yeah nevermind your right. except for the older Final Fantasy's on the NES. Like I said Final Fantasy I for the Nintendo Entertainment System is a great RPG. A lot of the music is actually rather classical but of course im speaking about the earlier final fantasys. The overworld song for Final Fantasy I has to be one of the better overworld songs I ever heard. retarded outfits? okay some of it was over the top...I mean Sephiroth almost looks like a girl. but once again if we go back to the early glory days of final fantasy they actually had very cool looks. such s the black mage. here check him out.

Good:

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FR7/MCDF/F7DWO0RF/FR7MCDFF7DWO0RF.MEDIUM.gif

Bad:

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/M/MajinDerick/1068676431_ySephiroth.gif

look at sephiroth...looks like he just came out of "The Gay Goth Pride Parade" :P (DISCLAIMER: I dont have anything against homosexuals or the homosexual community. a jokes a joke we all make them from time to time no need to cry about it. I wouldnt cry if a gay person made "straight" jokes. it's all in good fun and no harm is meant). But no really look how high his boots are. the strops over his barechest like that and that flimsy little trench he almost looks like Keanu Reeves + Heman + a Samurai. Now hard core FFVII fans are going to take this a little personally and Sephiroth Fan boys and Fan girls. look everyones entitled to there oppinion and in my oppinion sephiroth looks like a closet homo, is WAAAAAY overrated, and too adored. There is much more less known ficitional characters who deserve that respect. its a shame people waste them on this joker.

for the two that you said dont need explaining. do need explaining. because looking at your other two statesments about final fantasy and Zelda hell for all I know these games could be good! I mean if your going to put some explanations down at least explain them all and if your just going to list them then just list them.

as for World of Warcraft well from what I seen it is as bad as you say.

1. Runescape

2. Overrated Final Fantasies( VII,X)

3. iRO

4. Maple Story

5. Kingdom Hearts

Those aren't actually in any particular order. My favorite rpg would have to be Mass Effect, and my favorite MMO would have to be Ragnarok Online.

id have to say RS is one of the better MMOs out there.

simply because each quest actually feels like it was created by a human being, not a robot.

take WoW, its all so much kill x of y, collect x of y and return to z, go to x, etc etc. its at the point where i dont even bother in reading what the quest giver has to say, because in all, its just the exact same thing.

Runescape on the other hand, has bad graphics sure but it keeps true to the theme of an RPG, that being a game where your character actually feels like it has a meaning.

story based quests that start out simple like helpin a cook bake a cake for the king, to something epic like Requisitioning a Magic shield to protect you from a dragons breath on an island that can only be accessed if you find 10 map pieces that are all an epic quest in themselves to aquire. and you havnt even payed a cent yet.

the only Bad thing about runescape is the community, and you generally wont have a problem with that on a members server anyway.

all that being said, until they bring out some new version of runescape with amazing graphics that will actually give my PC a workout, ill stick with WoW

The top five worst RPG's/MMO's are...

World of Warcraft ranked at number 1.

50 trillion people may play that game, but that doesn't mean it's good. It's boring, bland, and all there is to do is kill things. How is that fun? Granted, killing things is fun. IE: Crysis, FEAR 2, Oblivion. Especially with lots of blood, gore, and bodies flying around. But what is WoW? Hack and slash, no blood, no ragdolls, crappy graphics... I don't even know how this game got so popular. Did I mention the graphics are worse than Morrowind's? Come on, it feels like you're playing some Looney Toons BS for christ's sake. The least they could give us were non-cartoonish characters, and better transitions between environments. But nope... Suddenly, the desert just stops there, and-- OH LOOK! The frozen tundra!

Dungeon Siege ranked at number 2.

This doesn't even need explaining.

Final Fantasy at number 3.

Big boobies, lots of emo drama, retarded outfits, idiotic music... Oh wait... Isn't that EVERY Japanese RPG? Oh right! Played one, played them all! Step up folks, time to ride the cookie cutter video game train!

Runescape ranked at number 4.

Doesn't even need explaining.

Number 5 is Zelda.

Alright, Peter Pan meets Lord of the Rings. Sounds cool-- NOT.

wow...I cant even begin to tell you whats wrong with some of your things. I'll state Zelda's case first. First of all Zelda is NOT an RPG. the only zelda game that was even remotley like an RPG was Zelda II for NES. and its really not "Peter Pan meets lord of the rings". I assume your calling it peterpan because he wears green and has an out fit? okay well thats just Link's Signature. Dont know where you get lord of the rings from...I guess you could say...nah nevermind LoTR has nothing to do with zelda. have you even played Zelda? or do you just not like the way he looks? Im sorry but I have to dissagree with you and the phrase "Alright, Peter Pan meets Lord of the Rings. Sounds cool-- NOT." doesent explain why you dont think its that great.

Final Fantasy...you actually are somewhat correct. but not entirely. sounds more like you described Final Fantasy VII in a nutshell. However Final Fantasy I is a very good game. also not all Japan RPG's are like that. Dragon Warrior is a great game and you make it seem like the Japanese are the only ones who commited the crime of makeing things suckish. look at George Lucas. Ruined Indiana Jones, Is trying to ruin starwars, and he made the worlds worst film known as Howard the Duck. The Japanese can make some good RPG's unfortunatley alot of them seem to be doing what you have said or just copying Final Fantasy VII as much as possible. and besides...being a guy...whats wrong with big boobies? I like big boobies. nothing wrong with boobs. Dont you like boobs? emo drama...yeah nevermind your right. except for the older Final Fantasy's on the NES. Like I said Final Fantasy I for the Nintendo Entertainment System is a great RPG. A lot of the music is actually rather classical but of course im speaking about the earlier final fantasys. The overworld song for Final Fantasy I has to be one of the better overworld songs I ever heard. retarded outfits? okay some of it was over the top...I mean Sephiroth almost looks like a girl. but once again if we go back to the early glory days of final fantasy they actually had very cool looks. such s the black mage. here check him out.

Good:

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FR7/MCDF/F7DWO0RF/FR7MCDFF7DWO0RF.MEDIUM.gif

Bad:

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/M/MajinDerick/1068676431_ySephiroth.gif

look at sephiroth...looks like he just came out of "The Gay Goth Pride Parade" :P (DISCLAIMER: I dont have anything against homosexuals or the homosexual community. a jokes a joke we all make them from time to time no need to cry about it. I wouldnt cry if a gay person made "straight" jokes. it's all in good fun and no harm is meant). But no really look how high his boots are. the strops over his barechest like that and that flimsy little trench he almost looks like Keanu Reeves + Heman + a Samurai. Now hard core FFVII fans are going to take this a little personally and Sephiroth Fan boys and Fan girls. look everyones entitled to there oppinion and in my oppinion sephiroth looks like a closet homo, is WAAAAAY overrated, and too adored. There is much more less known ficitional characters who deserve that respect. its a shame people waste them on this joker.

for the two that you said dont need explaining. do need explaining. because looking at your other two statesments about final fantasy and Zelda hell for all I know these games could be good! I mean if your going to put some explanations down at least explain them all and if your just going to list them then just list them.

as for World of Warcraft well from what I seen it is as bad as you say.

I agree Zelda isn't an RPG and it's fun

But DUNGEON SIEGE?!

Dude that's like one of my favorites!

How can you ahte that?!

HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN GIVE IT A DESCRIPTION?!

id have to say RS is one of the better MMOs out there.

simply because each quest actually feels like it was created by a human being, not a robot.

take WoW, its all so much kill x of y, collect x of y and return to z, go to x, etc etc. its at the point where i dont even bother in reading what the quest giver has to say, because in all, its just the exact same thing.

Runescape on the other hand, has bad graphics sure but it keeps true to the theme of an RPG, that being a game where your character actually feels like it has a meaning.

story based quests that start out simple like helpin a cook bake a cake for the king, to something epic like Requisitioning a Magic shield to protect you from a dragons breath on an island that can only be accessed if you find 10 map pieces that are all an epic quest in themselves to aquire. and you havnt even payed a cent yet.

the only Bad thing about runescape is the community, and you generally wont have a problem with that on a members server anyway.

all that being said, until they bring out some new version of runescape with amazing graphics that will actually give my PC a workout, ill stick with WoW

I agree Zelda isn't an RPG and it's fun

But DUNGEON SIEGE?!

Dude that's like one of my favorites!

How can you ahte that?!

HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN GIVE IT A DESCRIPTION?!

Well done Nebru good defense on runescapes behalf and I will agree with you in a way you are correct. Unfortunatley regarding runescape quests I always found them to be kind of silly and stupid. if it was funny and stupid I would call it the "Monty Python and the holy grail" of RPGs. I think it needed a better system, better graphics, less lame lore, more serious Quests, and of course a better inscentive to become a member, oh and a less boreing way to mak emoney.

My god I remember hours of running back and forth back and forth mining for all this gold...it was so BOREING!!!!!!

and yeah. look everything need a description I mena if you post something and say its bad and dont list any reason then that just makes us curious and we try it out and then waste our time. this is a good place to save others from potentially wasteing their time. It would be like if I said

Dr.Jekyell and Mr.Hyde was the worst game ever no description needed.

that would be horrible and now people will be curious and want to see for themselves. well Dr.Jekyell and Mr.Yde for NES is very bad horrible control, ridiculous story line, useless buttons, and you die so frickin easily.

Archived