Oblivion modding question

35NEXT99

I downloaded all unoffical patches. They are manual installs. How to install them?

I have Zira's Horse modpack installed. There are some horses marked essential. How to change them to normal mode.

Message sent to author for asking hex codes for horses.

Can i use OBMM and Nexus Mod Manager same time? Those Interface/map addons need OBMM tool.

Edited by 35NEXT99

What tools do I need to edit Oblivion mod files? Does GECK work on Oblivion files?

GECK will not work for Oblivion files. There were too many changes to the Gamebryo engine between the games for them to be compatible.

That Oblivion construction set link was 404. Not found. Where to download it?

Try this link.

You can use different tools to install different mods. Many mods will install with NMM just fine. Others will require some other method to install (either manual install, OBMM or Wrye Bash's BAIN). Often you can get a good idea by reading through the recent mod comments (for the more popular mods anyway). If there are problems with installing using NMM you'll see plenty of help requests for install problems.

In general I use manual install for all mods except those that come as an OMOD file, in part because of one of OBMM biggest shortcomings ... it won't alert you if the mod you are installing overwrites files from existing mods. If I'm going to install an OMOD style mod I use OBMM to extract the OMOD to a folder first so I can examine the files and folders and compare to my game install, looking for potential overwrites (skeleton.nif is a common one). If it's a simple install I'll usually just manual install from that point. If it's a complicated install (lots of options to choose from) and it has an install script to walk you through those options then I'll go ahead with the OMOD install after my checking it out.

Most Oblivion mods were made long before NMM was released and may need to be installed manually - try NMM first as many will work that way.

For mods that cannot be installed using NMM -

Here is an old tutorial I made for Oblivion http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/3395995/1/#new

Let me know if something no longer works.

<p>It is an alpha version program that Wrye. Need to wait stable version.<br />

<br />

My mod list what I want to install is this. Are they good?<br />

Oblivion Unoficcial patches.<br />

Zira's megahorse pack<br />

Ridable Wild Horses<br />

COBL pack (Common Oblivion)<br />

Map marker overhaul pack (OMM MOD!)<br />

UI overhaul pack (OMM MOD!)<br />

Enchanced souns for horses<br />

+ANY other that is needed for modding</p>

<p> </p>