Custom ArtObject - AttachT NiStringExtraData

CylonSurfer

So i've been messing with some custom Artobjects and VisualEffects recently in one of my mods, its simple stuff really just applying my Visual Effect to player camera by checking the CK options of:

• Attach to camera (effect art only):
  • Inherit Rotation:

This works for what I'm doing at that moment but I did notice a note on the CK page in regard to the Visual Effect which is very interesting and could potentially help me expand on a few other mods I have created:

If the Art Object has the AttachT NiStringExtraData within it's Model File then it will inherit rotation already based on the rotation and position of the named node/node of the Actor

I've been searching around to see if I can find any other info on the above but I've come up empty. I assume if I add the NiStingExtraData to my ArtObject .nif I could have it attach to any node on the player and move / rotate with that node? Does anyone have any additional information on this or know of a good resource where I could read up further about it?

Cheers

Edited by CylonSurfer

Yes.

...and, really, I mean that's all there is too it.
AttachT is a super simple concept (well, the settings on the AO can be a question, but the attach process in the nif is really straightforward).
It's like AddOnNodes (another really cool and really straightfoward thing to use once you look at it), they 'Just Work'.

Check GlowingVdogAO.nif for an example (though, in CK, the AO that uses that is referenced via an ARMA [GlowingVdogAO], but same concept).