Exporting an OBJ as NIF

ElectronicCat

I'm new to modding. I've already got the model and I'm just trying to convert the obj to a nif. I've got the plugin for blender but whenever I try to export I just get errors. I've tried exporting it with nifskope but there's no option to export as nif, only obj. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What version of Blender are you trying to use? The nif tools for the newer versions of Blender are buggy as all heck. If you want things to actually work, you need Blender 2.49b.

You can get the correct version of Blender plus all of the nif tools, etc. all in versions that work properly together here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12248

If you already have the correct version of Blender, then we need to know exactly what you are doing and what your export options are set to. We also need to know what type of nif you are creating (static, clutter object, etc).

Also make sure that you have converted your textures to dds. You may need to fix up the texture paths in NifSkope. You can also do it in Blender but it's easier to fix in NifSkope (IMHO).

Edited to add: Don't try to do this all in NifSkope. Use Blender.

Edited by madmongo