Silent Hill

DavidWolf

This is an idea that came to my mind the other day when I was playing in Vault 87, walking in there was creepy ... and suddenly I heard this metalic noise (glurp*) and well it was just nothing, probably the atmospheric sounds of that level, but! I thought: "will it be great that Piramid Head just show up from some corner with his giant knife and start following me around try to kill me?"

Yes, for all you SH fans (like myself) I'm dare to help with anyone who want to make a Silent Hill themed mod, for two good reasons 1. You can see in the GECK, that there is a lot of resouces to make an SH town, an SH nightmare town either. 2. I love that game.

So if someone is doing this kind of mod, o maybe someone wants to make a mod like that, I want to help with it.

THIS IS MY IDEA OF A SH MOD:

You start the game and a new Quest show up, something like "A town in a hill " you will get also a map mark, you travel there and find this insane person alone in the middle of the wastes (north)

He wants water and if you give him that water, starts a new topic like "Mysterious Place" and then he tolds you that if you follow a way (close to this map mark) you will find this abandoned town.

You start walking down the road, and a blackout happens ... then you find yourself in a unknow place...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vaj-i52A3Yc/R7IP0_Z0uuI/AAAAAAAAAsM/45GNUNAd6Jw/s720/Centralia%20and%20other%20shit%20036.JPG

So this is just a start. Seeya : )

Guest deleted1006773

Sounds like a good idea. If you could manage to make it foggy there or at least reduce your field of vision in some way, it'd be a nice bonus too to keep it as ominous as the Silent Hill games.

Also, maybe an item that when you wear it gives the game a film-grain filter? Always thought that it was creepy in Silent Hill to have it look like an old film, though it did get annoying at times so I didn't always have it enabled.

btw, if you get it started up, count me in for meshes/textures

Thanks man! I can also make my part with texturing in photoshop. But meshes and models stuff, that is something I need to learn :P

Also, maybe an item that when you wear it gives the game a film-grain filter? Always thought that it was creepy in Silent Hill to have it look like an old film, though it did get annoying at times so I didn't always have it enabled.

Yes I do believe we can use something like a filter, when you go to Tranquility Lane, the first thing you notice is that Sepia filter, dunno how it works, I should check in the GECK. Thanks is a good addition that I forgot.

Well! Im glad that some people likes the idea, hope more join up.

Okay I love the idea!

going into an old vault, and as you go up to the door to leave the main door room, the door starts to shut and you look back, *AAAAAAHH!!* nut job with a knife standing by the console silently standing there, then it's a race to run away from him run around in the vault, looking for anyway to delay him and get the hell out of there!!

Awesome idea!

A place like Silent Hill (or Centralia) would fit perfectly into the game...

An old abandoned town, empty roads with smoking cracks , maybe surrounded by a dead forest.

Yeah, I would like it,

Is it possible to make some ash falling from the sky?

Or just to add some edited dust particles or something like that?

So keep it up! :)

I just finish making a posible map for the town ... is also a guide in the making off the mod! Im glad to see that more people want a SH mod, wasnt a bad idea after all ...

MAP BETA:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7905/shmapmm2.jpg

I want to start tomorrow with this proyect, if someone is interested and want to help me out, send a PM.

Seeya : )

+1 do this, would be great

Im not modder but i was/am a game developer, that map needs work, if you go to google maps

http://maps.google.ca/maps?client=firefox-...q=google%20maps

and type in 'centralia PA' then you will get a map of what the actual city looks like

Wikipedia has some images and its easy enough to find them on google

also if you grab a copy of google earth you can get a real idea of what the town looks like

anyways ill be looking forward to this one, cheers!

Archived