Do people read too much into Papyrus?

jazzak25

Ready for a second major playthrough with all DLCs and considering some script heavy mods like Frostfall, Predator Vision, Real Shelter, to name a few.

After playing it for a few minutes and checking Papyrus it racks up maybe a good 130k, but is that really going to put stress on the game overall? Perhaps not to start with but I would fear after 100 hours, the game might have problems with too many scripts, then there's compatibility. So is it something not worth worrying about, or is the shadow of 'save game bloat' something to fear?

I think the fear of script-heavy mods is way overblown. The base game itself has tons of scripts running all the time, and the DLC adds even more.

Poorly-written scripts can certainly make your game unstable pretty quickly. But mods like Frostfall are well done. Unless you have a pretty old computer, I wouldn't worry.

Only fear script mods if you are adding and removing all the time, what happens is some scripts remain running and some of it remains in your save forever. over time repeatedly adding and removing scripts and mods the game will become buggy and CTD hell will begin. Also always test a mod for a while on a save you do not mind losing. If the mod is good and a must have then keep it. If it is garbage to you then remove it and play from another save that was made before testing the mod.

I highly suggest http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4528 to help with savegame bloat.

Yeah I've been testing on a clean save, (new game0 rather all the time, playthrough for a while in different areas to see how it plays out. That's the overall goal, once I start playing a second playthrough to leave it be, regardless of updates for the best stability, probably why I have left it so long so most mods can iron out all the kinks.

Possessive corpses is outdated I think, it's been a year since an update and as LP1 says I think both Bethesda and USKP addressed these issues in some manner since then. Overall i'm pretty sweet and good to go, just waiting for a few Dragonborn compatibilities and then I can go, think i'm more excited about my second playthrough than my first. :P