Importing models from Skyrim

PossiblyErich

Hello Nexus, I come to you with a question about something I can't quite figure out. There are certain models in Skyrim which I have interest in importing to New Vegas for my project (namely the waterfall models, some natural objects like flora and some rock structures,) that i'm having some problem with importing. I have a basic understanding on what i'd need to do if I were say, importing a model from FO3 with no prior textures in the files. But what i'm continuously seeing is that all the models I try importing immidiately impose the "missing model" model when I try to add it to the GECK. Because it does this, I don't think it has anything to do with a possible missing shader or the fact that Skyrim utilizes cubemaps; I could be very much wrong though. The model however, if I import it to the Creation Kit from the dumped file, there is no such error. What is going wrong here?

You do know that it is not legal to port models from one Beth game to another as they do not give permission to do so? I would also advise you to review the http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules#uploading ToS of the site.

The missing models are probably from the fact that the engine is newer on Skyrim as suggested and the model can't be handled by New Vegas. bad place to discuss it anyway.