NEW !!! Power armor !!!

flickone

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This came in as a report but I believe it belongs here:

Awesome model , I d like to ask tough its possible to see a wire and know the tricount?

Yeh it looks awesome, also the polyfow is really perfect as I see ..... I wonder how you did to make meshsmoothed straight parts? when I try to do all gets rounded to me and adding a crease to edges dont helps much , u used another way?

Or u used just zbrush for that? If so do uhave a tutorial for hardsurface detailing in zbrush?

Yeh it looks awesome, also the polyfow is really perfect as I see ..... I wonder how you did to make meshsmoothed straight parts? when I try to do all gets rounded to me and adding a crease to edges dont helps much , u used another way?

Or u used just zbrush for that? If so do uhave a tutorial for hardsurface detailing in zbrush?

mate if you want to keep some straight parts without making creases all you have to do is to go on pixologic site and find plugins for zbrush... find one with smoothing groups taht will solve the problem :smile:

about detailing just use some imagination try out the brushes.... hope you have tablet :smile:

mate if you want to keep some straight parts without making creases all you have to do is to go on pixologic site and find plugins for zbrush... find one with smoothing groups taht will solve the problem :smile:

about detailing just use some imagination try out the brushes.... hope you have tablet :smile:

No just mouse , what tablet u use?, so for Zbrush to make rivets and straight etc u need plugins? but what about the subdivision u just loaded themodel in zbrush and subdivided more the geometry ? when )I did somehow overall look seemed rough dunno why ..... I was instead trying to make it in 3dsmax with meshsmooth and box estrusions or insets...

No the plugins are for the subdivision thingy.

If you use Max there's another trick: you assign smoothing groups for the model, then apply the Turbosmooth (meshsmooth is older) modifier with smoothing groups on. Iterate 2 or 3 times, export, voila

For rivets, etc, I just use apropriate alphas, projection master and lazy mouse. Sometimes I experiment other techniques

I know you didn't ask me, but I use a Wacom Intuous 3 A4 oversize. But I want to make this a living for me :P

For most people, a Bamboo A5 is enough... just be sure to buy Wacom