ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Whiterun Market CTD in VR, can't isolate a mod ; Help?!

ntblood

I'm COCing from the main menu (so I'm using a clean game, no old save). I'm using MO2. Seems that with no mods enabled there's no crash (of course). When I reduce the number of mods installed drastically (~60 plugins) I do reach the point where the crashing stops but I can't find the culprit mod. There's no pattern. I thought it might be the number of plugins enabled (in FO4 VR I can only run 160+ plugins without crashing issues). But even that eludes a pattern or consistency. As I suspected I can run the game with all my mods enabled (205 plugins) without crashing as long as I avoid the Whiterun market (or apparently COCing into the Banneredmare though I only tried once so far).
Any ideas?
Thanks

Edited by ntblood

Update: I've found that it's not a matter of having too many plugins. And I've also gone through a third time disabling (and enabling) mods in MO2 and been unable to isolate the issue to any mods. Once the issue goes away I add those mods back in and the crash doesn't return. That means the only thing that's being changed is the LO (load order). I've used LOOT for my main profile (which crashes). Once I apply LOOT to my working test profile with all mods enabled the game starts to crash again. So it may be one of these mods in the picture linked below (ignore what is checked or unchecked) but only if they are higher in the LO (as when I add them back in they are a toward the end of my LO after a minor adjustment). Strange that a crash caused by LO would only happen in on location for my (Whiterun's market)
I'd say Bijin and Ordinary Women are mods that might have conflicts in my screenshot below, though they're not incompatible. I also think I see a lot of black face bug before it crashes, might be a clue. It's after I run LOOT that it starts to crash in Whiterun's market. So I won't.
Any advice?.. & can LO arrangement issues cause a crash in the first place?

"-If, for example, you load a mod that modifies Ordinator but load it before Ordinator itself I think it will cause a CTD."
-"One example I can give is npc overhauls.. for example mod A and B change appearance of a named NPC.. in the mods section you have it in order of mod A and B but in your plugins it's mod B then A.. the game loads the files from B but record information from A.. this doesn't necessarily mean ctd it depends which records as sometimes it will just cause the black face but other times it'll cause a CTD.. gotta also consider how the game loads BSA vs loose as well.."
-"Crashes that would be caused by an incorrect load order are typically because one mod made a change to a dependent record somewhere that another mod needed to use in a different way."

Screenshot:
https://ibb.co/QPRDVdZ

Edited by ntblood