Transformers Mods?

AlduinWorldEater

This is probably the silliest non-canon suggestion short of a Twilight mod (HAR HAR)

Basically, I just want to see some armour based on the Transformers. Which generation is up to the modder that decides to take this up, but I have to assume it's probably going to be the recent movies. I'm a G1 fan myself, but again, totally up to the modder. The idea came to me after my little sister rekindled my childhood love for the robots in disguise.

Anywho, if someone could do this, it'd be awesome!

• 4 months later...

Love this idea! Of course, it would be extremely immersion-breaking and completely non-lore-friendly, but honestly, who gives a crap? It's Transformers! xD

I strongly second this idea. But first off, the modder would need to get permission from Hasbro, Michael Bay, etc. to use their ideas (someone used dialogue from G1 Megatron for a Centurion follower without permission and got banned for it). Secondly, we'd have to find a modder who could actually build armor of this nature in the first place, and be willing to do so.

But that brings to mind...I wonder if someone could turn one of the dragons into Predaking from Transformers Prime? :b

In all fairness, this is actually less canon than a Twilight mod. Even that would have werewolves, vampires, and airheaded NPCs (A favorite of Bethesda). :P

But the real point of me saying this is that the modder would *not* need to get permission from anyone, least of all Michael Bay or Hasbro. You only need permission if you steal actual assets for mod use (like directly porting a voice, for example). If you make everything from scratch, no matter how similar it looks and sounds, there are no grounds for a lawsuit (at least, not that I know of), and you certainly would not be kicked from the Nexus.

Yeah, I don't believe in porting content directly. I mean, I won't lie, I've done it before, but I never posted it on any sites, it was just an experiment with downgrading from Oblivion to Morrowind.

As far as the Predaking idea goes, I totally support that.

But yeah, it's gonna take some doing, I know. I've tried my hand at 3D modelling before, it's just not for me. Anyhow, I hope someone picks up on this idea and gives it a shot!

• 1 year later...

OMG! I FR*CK*N LUV THIS IDEA! It's amazing! Who cares if it doesn't fit in with there surroundings. And if you could drive or even BE a transformer that would be......wait for it.......A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:. So I would love this mod. So I think you get the idea that I think that it would be epic! :laugh: :cool: . So just because I will just say this again.........IT WOULD BE AWESOME! so someone on Nexus Mods and Community plz and I mean plz plz plz plz PLZ make this mod! :blush:

Forgot I'd even made this thread. Good to see it's still active and this isn't a necro-bump.

I thought of a way to make it fairly lore-friendly. Dwemer-esque textures. Megatron could be a secret, long-abandoned attempt at building a new Numidium, one that was imbued with the soul of a Daedra hell-bent on destroying everything. Optimus Prime could be the response built by a different clan to put a stop to the first clan's attempts...or hell, even a weapon that was unintentionally imbued with the soul of a fallen hero with a pure heart.