Khajiit caravans stoped moving around

UlvArn

Hi, anybody that have seen this glitch before? The Khajiit caravans have stopped moving around and camp permanently outside Whiterun and Riften. I saw a comment that it could happend after a quest with Vilja. I used to have the Vilja mod installed but have uninstalkled it. I think that the caravans stopped moving around after the contrakt killing of one of the Kahjiit trader in the Dark Brotherhod quest.

UlvArn

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah ME. All of mine have stopped moving except one (The one that moves from Windhelm to Solitude). I might have been the one that made that comment on the Vilja page. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's that mod. I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG, but I've been wondering if it's the Run for Your Lives mod. Do you have that one?

I have also heard that the Dark Brotherhood quest, you mention, could actually fix the problem, in some cases.

Edited by Xion the Dragonheart

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same problem with all 3 of the caravans permanently settling outside Solitude, Riften, and Whiterun. The dark brotherhood questline or the above mentioned mods havent caused them to become sedentary for me, so i don't think that's the root of the problem.

I noticed the issue soon after having installed a load of mods with town enhancements/additions + a couple of mods like populated cities. After disabling every single one of them, and even loaded a new game to see if it solved the prob, unfortunately they remain lazy and stick to a city. Although they were restored to normal (even with all my mods on) when i tested with a few clean saves i got from the nexus.

Anyone else had this happen to them, or found a solution/

Yes I do use the Run for Your Life mod but I am sure that I installed that long before the Khajiit start camping permanently. ChunksAhoy what did You do with the "clean saves"? Did You get these lazy Khajiits moving in Your curent game?

Yes I do use the Run for Your Life mod but I am sure that I installed that long before the Khajiit start camping permanently. ChunksAhoy what did You do with the "clean saves"? Did You get these lazy Khajiits moving in Your curent game?

Nothing, just loaded them up. Once it happens though, there's nothing i've tried or know that fixes it, so it still persists on my current main playthrough. I could just continue from an older save before they got bugged, which "resolves" the problem, but it's not worth losing my progress.

• 4 months later...