Israel's actions

Michlo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let 'em fight. Hopefully it spreads. War is good. It purges the weak and stupid."

How come you are still alive? :)

Sheer luck. I have a habit of looking at a jammed gun pointed in my general direction.

The best feeling in the world once you get over that initial "oh poo" moment.

Your assumptions shovel you into that category too, y'know? =)

Indeed. Linspuppy, thanks for that intelligent post before. It would do many people well to learn more about both Islam and Judaism.

8 million Russians died in that war. They do not portray themselves as victims.

Really? That can't possibly be because they were part of a gigantic military force, right? As opposed to, you know, German citizens being persecuted and killed by their own government.

Indeed. Linspuppy, thanks for that intelligent post before. It would do many people well to learn more about both Islam and Judaism.

Really? That can't possibly be because they were part of a gigantic military force, right? As opposed to, you know, German citizens being persecuted and killed by their own government.

Not to say the deaths of the Soviets was not also a horrid thing..and then they faced extermination by their own government also...but I also do not view the Holocaust the same as the Soviet deaths as it was military or civilian deaths at military occupation at the time.

Thank you and I hope that others will take a greater interest in looking beyond the surface of these matters.

I, for one, was not just looking at the surface.

First of all, one of my best friends and (until this past Saturday) room-mate is Jewish and we have had these discussions a fair few times. Even he has said that he thinks Israel has been far too bloody at times and agreed with me that they probably should not have been settled where there already were people living.

I know there is a long history here. I hadn't realized I needed to make that clear when I stated how fed up I was of Israel's over-reactions.

As for the holocaust statements - thousands of gay people were also exterminated as part of it. Where is our state?

Have any of you even looked at how this land has changed over the years since this colossal mistake was made?

Here are some references:

http://www.thewall.org.uk/images/content/landloss-full.jpg

http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/index.html

http://www.masada2000.org/historical.html

Anyway, again, my only point(s) is/was that there should not be this massive slaughter of innocent men, women and especially, children. Hamas should not have been lobbing rockets, that is true. I can only imagine they felt they had no other way left to be "heard" but there certainly weren't 500+ Israeli civillians slaughtered by these rockets.

Not to say the deaths of the Soviets was not also a horrid thing..and then they faced extermination by their own government also...but I also do not view the Holocaust the same as the Soviet deaths as it was military or civilian deaths at military occupation at the time.

Thank you and I hope that others will take a greater interest in looking beyond the surface of these matters.

3.3 million Soviets died in Nazi camps. Almost 11 million died in action. Tens of millions were killed by Uncle Joe. You know, persecuted and killed by their own government. They aren't crying about it. They have MOVED ON.

The difference between Israel and Hamas is that Hamas fires indiscriminately, while Israel actively tries to avoid civillian casualties, going so far as to warn them in advance.

As much as I dislike the Jews, at least they are prosecuting with honor.

The difference between Israel and Hamas is that Hamas fires indiscriminately, while Israel actively tries to avoid civillian casualties, going so far as to warn them in advance.

As much as I dislike the Jews, at least they are prosecuting with honor.

Maan News Agency:

But well before the current fighting, the UN says it had given Israeli authorities the GPS coordinates of all its installations in Gaza, including the United Nations Relief and Works Agency school, which was struck by an Israeli missile on Monday.

Prof karen Pfeifer (The Middle East Research and Information Project, USA):

Many of the (Israeli) occupants of the settlements; their founders and people who live there today are very aggressive towards palestinians they go around fully armed, submachine guns, they carry grenades, and they frequently threaten Palestinians.

:

In Hebron, settlers initiated more clashes. They say they're tired of coming under attack. But their communities are illegal under International Law...They set fire to Palestinian fields, smashed cars, and vandalized shops, and all this under what is being called officially a Cease-Fire...Settlers have vowed to intensify protests against the cease-fire, they want Ariel Sharon to hit back. Some of them have already carried out their own vigilante attacks on Arab villages.