Loading Saves Now Has Serious Issues

DudelSaur

After a certain point in my game, when I begin the assault on Windhelm with the CW questline, all saves afterwards have game breaking glitches. When loading a save after that point, the game either A.) Focuses the camera on my horse; the horse takes the place of the camera focus where it should be on me (on one occasion I could see my character and move her around, but the camera follows the horse) or B.) The cell completely fails to load and all I see is the cell's sky and the compass hud.

I am not sure if entering Windhelm "corrupts" the save, or if it may be some sort of bloat issue. If anyone has experienced this and may know what this means, please let me know. I would like to continue my playthrough to help determine the LO for my next playthrough and while waiting for my favorite mods' updates. Thank you for reading.

Sometime the game just plain goes south. While it *might be something with a new mod causing contentions (which you should of course check, in case you have installed anything very recently), it also happens "just because"

If you can't find anything else (ie a new mod causing issues), a punt position of opening a save prior to the incidence would/might be in order. If you have to redo something or another, it may be time to bite the bullet and face the redo, rather than continuing to chase a compromised save vector.

@anjenthedog Thank you for your reply. I have gone back a bit and so far it seems to work (knock on wood). I suspect it has something to do with my horse, as the camera always focuses on that npc rather than mine. I think saving while on horseback and moving may have caused some issues.

As well, saving on a horse, hell, just being on a horse is dangerous. I stopped riding after the umpteenth time the anti gravity bug left me a thousand feet in the air, and I stopped saving while on horseback quite a while before that.