Oblivion Crisis!

pedantic

I did some research and noted the important, not the fiddly, facts about oblivion gates. :whistling:

There are ten useable fixed oblivion gates in the game and ninety possible locations for up to fifty additional useable random gates to appear. Therefore you are able to close a total of sixty oblivion gates. Initially there is only one fixed gate visible and that is in front of the main gate in Kvatch. Once Martin has accompanied you to Weynon Priory, ten random gates immediately open. At this stage of the main quest a maximum of twenty five random gates can have opened. These random gates, subject to a chance calculation, will open when you enter their respective cell grids. After completing the Dagon Shrine quest a further eight useable fixed gates will open near Anvil, Bravil, Bruma, Cheydinhal, Chorrol, Fort Sutch, Leyawiin, and Skingrad. Meanwhile, up to a maximum of fifty random gates can now have opened. When you are ready, the last fixed gate (the great gate) will open in Bruma. Later on, after you exit paradise and hand over the amulet, the number of gates which can be opened is reduced to twenty. If you have already closed twenty or more oblivion gates then no more gates will spawn and only unclosed fixed gates will remain. When the main quest is completed (glitches aside) any remaining open gates are closed.

So where exactly are these ninety possible locations for random gates? Where can I place my mod safely without finding an oblivion gate where the hearth should be? I couldn't find a list of 'all' of the possible locations on-line anywhere at all. So (armed with a very large mug of coffee) I painstakingly typed it all out by extracting the relevant information from the best part of the game, TES Construction Set. If anyone would like a copy of this Word Document by all means feel free to PM or mail me. If I just bored you to tears, then tough, I was 'more' bored than you typing it all out - LOL.

Thanks for doing that, and it would be great if you were to post it or upload it somewhere. I hope you do..

Thank you for bothering to actually read my post before replying myrmaad. Also, for giving me an idea. It's already in my digital vault so I just need to find a way to create a link to encompass everyone's email addy - because it's invite only. Maybe this will work? I've moved it to a seperate folder and sent myself an invite to download it. I can't post the document because the MS Word format is destroyed. If you want to see it you need to open it. If you want to keep it then download it. However, the file will remain there indefinately.

Visit My Private Vault

EDIT: It worked for me.

Thanks for doing that, and it would be great if you were to post it or upload it somewhere. I hope you do..

Thank you for bothering to actually read my post before replying myrmaad. Also, for giving me an idea. It's already in my digital vault so I just need to find a way to create a link to encompass everyone's email addy - because it's invite only. Maybe this will work? I've moved it to a seperate folder and sent myself an invite to download it. I can't post the document because the MS Word format is destroyed. If you want to see it you need to open it. If you want to keep it then download it. However, the file will remain there indefinately.

Visit My Private Vault

EDIT: It worked for me.

I visited your link and was able to download it fine!

It occurred to me that the gates in the map must be the non-random ones that stay in the world space after the crisis is over, but I'm very uncertain about that. I know that long after I've finished the main quest, I'm still "finding gates" on the map sometimes. Some are still burning, but of course the gates are closed and no daedra are spawning.

I will keep this in mind and see what more comes to light as it's well worth investigating further, or maybe someone has more clues to what remains in the world after the main quest is over.

@myrmaad.

My own personal enquiry started with: Scriptname MQ00Script

I went on quite a journey within TECS I can tell you, and got lost on more than one occassion, suffice to say: Oblivion is a complete - fully functioning - shambles! LOL.

All I was really interested in, ultimately, was a quick grid check to see if I could build at any given cell grid. My list provides that without, as stated, the fiddly bits included. But, you've got me more intrigued (damn and blast) I'll make more enquiries. :unsure:

Archived