This one's pretty twisted, sick, and possibly offensive

3rdtryguy

Well, this isn't terribly "dark" at all. Especially not compared to all the racial cleansing, slavery, and cannibalism already present in Fallout.

But I would argue that there are Jews and Muslims in the wasteland--it is entirely possible that they chose not to represent them as specific ethnicities, especially since anyone from any race can be part of or converted to those religions (that is, Jewish or Muslim); as for Native Americans, perhaps they were simply lumped in with Caucasian or Hispanic. For instance, if you check the GECK there is a slider for "East Indian" features, and we can only assume that some Wastelanders/ Vault Dwellers may be Indian and not Hispanic... there was, after all, Shady Sands in the original Fallout. And they followed a decidedly Indian religion (although I'm not sure if it was Hindu... Aradesh mentioned Dharma).

So, yeah, while ethnicities other than than those listed by the gene projector exist, they probably chose not make them seperate races due to the wide amount of customization possible with the existing choices (nevermind the possibility to add new races yourself using the GECK).

Other than that, the idea isn't a bad one. I kind of wish you hadn't given us the full exposition, but my guess is that you can always slip some kind of twist in there.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok first thing: sick ha sick i thought you where going to make a angel house or something the only reason i came on was to insult your mod for being sick. no this is a good idea oh and for the lights thats child's play my brother a veteran moder can do that in all of 5 minuets hes building a city 8) (link at bottom). you have my support i cant talk for my brother but I'm in.i am a novice moder but my brother is showing me the ropes and I'm good at decorating cells but not

in the frilly way in a gory ways or lived in ways or derelict ways

Silos Alpha

Well, I only gave the general gist of it here, but maybe that was a bit too much. The rest is just the details, some of which are indeed pretty twisted.

Azron, I think you have a good point. Maybe there should be a lone survivor who beat the odds through his own faith and humility. The only two friendly supermutants in the DC wasteland, Fawkes & Uncle Leo, have been able to hold on to their sanity through Zen Buddhism, so why not let a true believer survive? In fact, it might be fun to hear how his version of what went down differs from what the Overseer says happened. He could also be a good source for a player reward of some sort.

Noobsauce, that's great news. I had hoped the lighting thing was do-able.

Again, this would make a pretty good modder's resource no matter what was put into it later by various modders. That's the real & main reason it should be made.

Rookie, I'll look up Vault 15. It could be that my whole idea is fundamentally flawed from the start? I never played the first two Fallout games.

I am a muslim, so I guess it's only fair if I share my tought here?

The idea itself is good, but it is quite troublesome. As of me,I took no offense from this idea alone. However it shoudl be moted if this mod is done without proper knowledge about Islam then this would be really offensive given the sinsitivity of this issue at present.

For a start, Muhammad (pbuh) never actually wrote the Qu'ran by himself as he was illiterate. Muhammad (pbuh) only acts as a messenger and no single word in Qur'an should be attributed to him. He always asked a certain writer that he trust to write down whatever revelation he had.

So I suggest you should find another relics as an object of interest. :)

Perhaps if somebody really interested to make this mod, I'd be glad to provide any information and assistance.

For a start, Muhammad (pbuh) never actually wrote the Qu'ran by himself as he was illiterate. Muhammad (pbuh) only acts as a messenger and no single word in Qur'an should be attributed to him. He always asked a certain writer that he trust to write down whatever revelation he had.

So I suggest you should find another relics as an object of interest. :)

That was the first thing that struck my eyes lol. For your idea is good but not enough implemented in the FO full synopsis; According to the timeline, in the Fall Out Wiki, the US government had already planned on leaving Earth behind after its "destruction", and sought to colonize other celestial bodies, right? VanBuren, BlackIsle cancelled title was supposedly treating on this subject (Bloomfield space center, etc) and according to "canon" sidestories, Vault Tec was making a "societal preservation program" through the vaults to ensure a protocole so as to ensure safe space travel for US citizens.

Regarding this, your primal idea and the actual conflicts in Middle Orient, what would be sick in my opinion would be a "laboratory study" of what happens between Israelis and Palestinians.

Let me explain myself: what VT was looking after was solutions concerning circling different individuals together and maintaining them in an obedient and passive state. Each vault was programmed so as to trigger a conflictual situation, and see what result would be found by its inhabitants... and at the end choose the survivors as fittest for this space travel. The trouble with ethnicities already having conflictual relationship might had already crossed their mind, be them Mormons, Jews, Muslims, Christians or Buddhists. What if they put "two vaults in one"?

What if they build two vaults communicating together by one or several underground routes, each of them composed solely of one ethnic or religious congregation, and each of them having one vital supply that lacks the other?

The two communities could had chosen seclusionism and simply avoided each other, so they could give one vault half the water purification system, and the other half food pocessing for instance. Or any other vital condition that forced them either entering into full conflict, either to forcefully symbiose together. Maybe only men on one side or women on the other.

What do you think of the idea?

I say, do the mod but change the names of the faiths. Perhaps referencing faiths and relics from existing sci-fi universes or other peculiarities in popular culture.

For instance, the original idea calls for a fake scripture which serves as a catalyst to a mini jihad. By taking references from Marilyn Manson and Frank Herbert, you can call it the book the Omega scriptures, and the religion The Religion of Adam, based off the religion of Muad'Dib in Frank Herbert's Dune and the character in Manson's album.

Archived