MORE ALIEN SKYRIM - De-Boringizing Skyrim

ArtMurder

MAS Sky DEMO
New updated Demo! Fixed the 'Black Grid' glitch permanently, now with two different planet sizes and 4 different planet colors to choose from! Customization is very important to me, so please feel free to make suggestions for new sizes/colors/etc!

This is going to be my first major mod (and mod compilation) I'm going to be working on called
"More Alien Skyrim"
MAS - More Alien Skyrim:
Have you ever thought, that for such a distant alien world, Nirn is an awful lot like earth? It's a magical alien fantasy world, with crazy gods and demons ripping holes in the universe, yet skyrim feels like... well, kinda like Montana. Big mountains, big bears, and lots of wolves, and then the occasional hairy troll. Nothing to crazy about it. Morrowind really felt like an alien world, with the cries of 100 foot high insect like creatures echoing across the mushroom covered mountains. Artificial moons, gigantic mechanical gods buried in volcanoes, flying jellyfish like creatures gently hovering across the skyline. It really felt... otherworldly. Comparatively skyrim is just... well... boring. So, this is my attempt at making skyrim much less... boring.

MAS is going to be a type of 'overhaul' for skyrim, changing the LOOK and FEEL of the game without adding/changing much if any 'content'. This will make Skyrim feel more ALIEN, and more FREIGHTING. It will make you feel like you are truly stranded on a strange frightening alien world. The idea, is to leave you breathless, either in aww, or fear, as often as possible. I highly doubt I can hand do all this by myself, so anyone who wants to let me use their resources, or assist me in creating new ones PLEASE contact me. I intend to make this mod more of a compilation of resources, that other people can change and use easily, and anything I create for this mod will be completely free resources. The ENB section will obviously clash with ENBs, the lighting will clash with lighting, and the textures will clash with textures, etc. So any aspect you don't want should be easy enough to avoid.

I would LOVE to have at least an alpha version ready by the time the Oculus Rift finishes shipping out! I want this to look stunning for Rift users specifically!

this is what will EVENTUALLY be including in the MAS project.
MAS ENB:
I dynamic, vibrant ENB that will make skyrim feel alive, yet intensely different.Ideally I'd like help from an 'ENB expert.'
Progress: Learning about ENBs may have a demo out within a week or so!

MAS Lighting and Sky 'Overhaul':
No word yetting on the lighting side of this, but so far I have a downloadable demo of this part of this mod! (At the top of the page - can't miss it!)
[A 10 billion year old view of the universe in the sky!]
[Nirn is now the moon of another planet!]
Here is a WIP on an expansion of this mod. (replacers for the sun)
[White Dwarf (download with MAS Sky Demo]
[Red Giant WIP ONLY NO DOWNLOAD]

MAS Super Texture Conversion:
This is likely the final stage of this mod, converting nearly every texture in skyrim to make it feel totally otherworldly. This includes animals, armor, plants, etc. Ideally I'd like it to be a lot like Tropical Skyrim, but with the end result feeling more like Morrowind.
Progress: STARTED! MAS NATURE IS NOW IN WIP STAGE!!

POSSIBLE Future Mas Projects:

MAS Magic:
I simple change to all vanilla magic, to make it feel more otherwordly, like you are truly bending the powers of some weird alien world to your will, not just magically spraying fire from your fingertips.

MAS Monsters:
May end up including the monster textures in this, in addition to any new monsters I can get a hold of (since I doubt I can ever actually make my own monsters in skyrim) I intend to make the monsters of skyrim feel truly otherwordly.

MAS Dragons:
Part of me just wants to turn dragons into big scary alien monsters...

Edited by ArtMurder

To be fair, Skyrim is the homeland of the human races (excluding the Reguards), so it's only natural that Skyrim won't feel so "alien" but akin to the Nordic folktale of all. What you call boring (de-boringizing?) I call immersive and atmospheric. But to each his own. Good luck in your endeavors, and I know there'll be folks that will enjoy this mod upon completion.

Oh, and please change your font. It's pretty damned hard to read.

Edited by Jaradin

To be fair, Skyrim is the homeland of the human races (excluding the Reguards), so it's only natural that Skyrim won't feel so "alien" but akin to the Nordic folktale of all. What you call boring (de-boringizing?) I call immersive and atmospheric. But to each his own. Good luck in your endeavors, and I know there'll be folks that will enjoy this mod upon completion.

EDIT: Retracted comment cause I was rude. Sorry.

Also, the font looks just fine, in fact, it's much easier to read then the default grey-on-grey of this site if you ask me. There must be something wrong with your monitor bro.

Edited by ArtMurder

I never said ANYTHING about Skyrim not fitting the lore. I was talking about the planet nirn in general, not specifically just skyrim. Just because "humans" come from there doesn't mean it has to be EXACTLY like boring old earth. Morrowind feels like a different planet compared to skyrim, and it's actually VERY close by, just one province away. Compared to Morrowind Skyrim is just BORING, even if it fits the lore perfectly. Yes i enjoy the atmosphere of skyrim, who doesn't, but once you've played it for a long time, it gets boring and repetitive, yes it's beautiful, but it's the same type of thing we see here on earth every day. I just feel Skyrim should feel like Morrowind did; Like I am TRULY not on earth anymore, and Skyrim feels so much like earth it hurts. I do intend to keep the original atmosphere, it will still be cold and harsh, it will still be the homeland of humans, just befitting of the alien planet it resides upon.

Also, the font looks just fine, in fact, it's much easier to read then the default grey-on-grey of this site if you ask me. There must be something wrong with your monitor.

I do believe I know what you mean.

Skyrim is really similar to real world.

I thought about "Fantasying" it a bit, adding giant mushrooms here and there, possibly replacing some houses with the mushroom houses from Dragonborn.

.. Making the world feel like fantasy world with dragons and such.

However, project like that would be really long one for single modder.

As you'd literally need to go through every dungeon, every cave, to make it really like it.

Anyway, gladly looking forward to this subject.

Also, font IS better than default one. It's really easy and pleasant to read it.

I never said ANYTHING about Skyrim not fitting the lore. I was talking about the planet nirn in general, not specifically just skyrim. Just because "humans" come from there doesn't mean it has to be EXACTLY like boring old earth. Morrowind feels like a different planet compared to skyrim, and it's actually VERY close by, just one province away. Compared to Morrowind Skyrim is just BORING, even if it fits the lore perfectly. Yes i enjoy the atmosphere of skyrim, who doesn't, but once you've played it for a long time, it gets boring and repetitive, yes it's beautiful, but it's the same type of thing we see here on earth every day. I just feel Skyrim should feel like Morrowind did; Like I am TRULY not on earth anymore, and Skyrim feels so much like earth it hurts. I do intend to keep the original atmosphere, it will still be cold and harsh, it will still be the homeland of humans, just befitting of the alien planet it resides upon.

Also, the font looks just fine, in fact, it's much easier to read then the default grey-on-grey of this site if you ask me. There must be something wrong with your monitor.

I do believe I know what you mean.

Skyrim is really similar to real world.

I thought about "Fantasying" it a bit, adding giant mushrooms here and there, possibly replacing some houses with the mushroom houses from Dragonborn.

.. Making the world feel like fantasy world with dragons and such.

However, project like that would be really long one for single modder.

As you'd literally need to go through every dungeon, every cave, to make it really like it.

Anyway, gladly looking forward to this subject.

Also, font IS better than default one. It's really easy and pleasant to read it.

Thank you, I'm glad someone agrees with me! It's post like this that inspire me to keep going, there is no point in trying to un-inspire a modder (espically a new one) with rude and/or unnecessary comments! If you don't like the idea, no one is making you post!

I really don't plan on changing the dungeons and caves that much, I plan on changing the environment, the plants, the buildings, the sky, the lighting, the animals. It's going to be a lot of work, I know, but if TES has taught me anything, it's that every great journey has to start somewhere!

Where humans lived they got rid of most of the weird stuff. Morrowind was a twisted volcanic wasteland, and the only reasons why the Dunmer are even living there is because their ancestors were convinced to move there by Daedric Princes. Anyone in their right mind would of stayed away that place. We have yet to see Summerset, Elsweyr and Black Marsh, perhaps those places would have the weird stuff you like

Where humans lived they got rid of most of the weird stuff. Morrowind was a twisted volcanic wasteland, and the only reasons why the Dunmer are even living there is because their ancestors were convinced to move there by Daedric Princes. Anyone in their right mind would have stayed away that place. We have yet to see Summerset, Elsweyr and Black Marsh, perhaps those places would have the weird stuff you like

EDIT: Retracted comment cause I was rude. Sorry.

Edited by ArtMurder

I've fixed the black grid in the sky! thank you photoshop and your miracle one click tools! Bwahahaha!<br /><br />EDIT: I have a DEMO ready! This just makes some changes to the sky, that's about it.<br /><br />Already have one d/l and 100 views on the demo! woot! Edited by ArtMurder