What is your most memorable Dragon fight?

LordSarcasm

That's the 2-level platform with the trolls on the stairs leading up to it, right? That's brutal at low level. Sneaking the treasure while the dragon is elsewhere is a smart plan, but how did you get past the trolls?

Yeah, there actually was a dead frost troll there. I'm not sure what spawned the dragon to life, but he must have killed the troll. It was easy pickins, for a short time.

Lucky you! So is your noob mage still, umm, y'know, alive?

No. I got frustrated after about 10 of them dying on Legendary (mostly 1-shots, a trap(!), and Lydia knocking me off a cliff).

Built an archer, gave some summoning staffs to J'zargo, and we were able to waste a bunch of Forsworn and high level draugr. Got bored. Gonna play around with some scripts for awhile and see if I can make a "smarter" mob.

The first time I died in Apocrypha I was pretty despondent until I reappeared in Solstheim and everyone asked me what happened. Hah! Not dead, only ejected from the ring!

There are some one-shot abilities available on Solstheim that seem like they'd be extremely useful to low-level players. It'll be high on my list of places to visit before taking on Madanach if my current DB meets an unfortunate end.

I'll also use weapons instead of Destruction except for the FD / Cloak trick. (Yisra's got the spell so you don't need any skill.) If you work all 3 crafting skills weapons scale up with level like nothing else. Not using them for aesthetic reasons seems a foolish preference to combine with Permadeath.

Zargles as an early follower makes a lot of sense; early on heavy armor and low-level destruction spells are both more useful than later on. I can see where even on Legendary you having 2 storm atronachs, Zargles, and your own modestly-upgraded Forsworn bow with some strong poisons to get you over the rough patches could make a mess of most anything. The Forsworn bow might be the best newbie weapon in the game -- it even takes the available-at-any-level Steel perk.

I guess even with Legendary Permadeath you inevitably get bored, but you've enjoyed the experience of going through the wringer at least. Having some stories to tell I hope made the effort worthwhile for you. I've definitely enjoyed reading them.

Fighting Alduin was so amazing - No i'm lying the worst dragon fight ever but I did like it that he dies like no other dragon - Part from that I'd say the time I used 2 unenchanted 1h daedric maces and used the Su-Grah-Dun shout and nearly one-shotted a dragon.

• 3 months later...

most memorable was my first fight against an ancient dragon using the royal blood mod that allows your VL to fly.

it felt a lot like a Japanese wwII Zero fighting a p51 Mustang. I could turn faster, but the dragon had all the speed and firepower.

was a good fight.... and all in the air. took about 10 minutes. So long as you are careful to fly past and behind the dragon as it slows up for its breath attack, you can whittle them down sufficiently.

It was fun realizing that the dragon could no longer "escape" into the sky. It even tried to run when it got down to less than 25% health.... I tracked it down like a hunter after a wounded deer.

"The P-51 could do everything the Zero could do, plus a few things the Zero couldn't."

-Saburo Sakai, Zero Ace

I think you meant to compare your dragon foe to the F6F or F4U. Those planes were faster and stronger than the Zero but less maneuverable. (The F4F was stronger but slower.) It was also very rare for the P-51 to face the Zero, as it was mostly deployed in the European theater.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday the game spawning engine trolled me hard , i traveled to the skyborn altar (something like that ) and got attacked by 2 elder dragons D:

The one was standing on the shoutword wall and while i was fighting it another one appeared from behind.

At lvl 37,with destruction at around 70 and the marvelous Wabajack i managed to kill the dragons using hit and run(behind a rock) tactics and got myself 2 nicely dragon souls to spend :P

I'm too early in-game but i think i won't forget 2 elder dragons r@ping me at the same time :P