Site design update, file backgrounds and hot file cropping

Dark0ne

As several others have mentioned, the hot file image cropper is not saving the correct image. I attempted to make a hot file header out of a different image than is currently shown, cropped it to my liking, and hit the save button, and in response it displayed the same auto-cropped image it was using before.

I responded by deleting that saved hot file header, and tried again. Same result. No change to the image.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a problem with the hot file images. Whichever image I save first is set as the hot file image, even if I save subsequent images instead. Plus, the preview isn't accurate; it showed me a whole face in the preview, and the bottom half of that face is cut off in the final image.

In response to post #7519511.

Widgets and code boxes. Editing the code in any of these areas and then applying the changes can be done without taking the site down.
Banner Area
Footer Area
Boxes, Left Side
Boxes, Center
Boxes, Right Side
Navigation
Full Page
Custom CSS
Custom JS/JQuery

I tried a further experiment of rearranging the icons of the images associated with the file, so that the one I wanted to use as the hot file header was the first one. I then used the cropper on it again. Yet again, the result was the same incorrect image as before.

A few illustrated suggestions (I doubt I could explain it otherwise):

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/1762/nexuslayoutthingymajig.gif

I dunno, it might be because of what I'm used to, but I guess that upper right corner feels a little crowded as it is now. Anyway, keep up the good work.