Shivering Isles Crash

llloyd

So. I spent the better part of a week, on and off, to complete the Shivering Isles DLC (for the nth time.) and after defeating Jygalag and hearing him talk. I walk into the Palace to talk to Haskill and the game crashes, I reload, continue, crash, reload, load previous save, relisten to Jygalag talk, reenter palace, crash. Not sure why neither. I started out without the UOP, I had uninstalled it to fix a previous bug with the Destruction Master Trainer quest (and without the UOP the Master Trainer quest worked flawlessly) . I reinstalled the UOP, latest version (as of May 2020) All of it, UOP, UOP Shivering Isles, and UOP DLCs. Had Wyre Bash rebuild the bash patch. Resorted order with Loot. Stopped to install a few mods Loot suggested for the weather mod I use and the OCDv2, delete and rebuild the patch again, then finally sort the load order with Loot. Reloaded the game, loaded up the previous save, relistened to Jygalag talk * again * , entered the Palace and crash. So I am at a loss, wth? O.o

My Mods and Load Order

https://pastebin.com/FmuumaFp

Oh! Rereading what I typed it wasn't apparent or clear. I use NMM, Community Edition, and Wyre Bash is only there to build the bash patches.

The correct order to do things is:

1) Add, remove or edit mods.

2) Sort your load order.

3) Rebuild bashed patch.

Did that in a round about way. Installed mods, rebuilt patch, loaded Loot and saw "Warning: " messages, loaded more mods based on the Warnings, rebuilt patch, sorted mods.

But that doesn't address the problem that even before all that it was crashing when I tried to enter the Palace. I did all that to fix that and it didn't fix that.

No, the last thing you do before you play the game is rebuild the bashed patch. Always sort your mods before you rebuild the bashed patch.

When you rebuild the bashed patch and then sort your mods there is a good chance that the load order will not be the same as was used for building the bashed patch ... and good things don't happen after that event.

No, the last thing you do before you play the game is rebuild the bashed patch. Always sort your mods [/b]before[/b] you rebuild the bashed patch.

When you rebuild the bashed patch and then sort your mods there is a good chance that the load order will not be the same as was used for building the bashed patch ... and good things don't happen after that event.

Ok, I'll rebuild the Bash Patch and try again, since the load order is now fixed by Loot.

Update. I loaded up the mods in TESIV Edit and using Wyre Bash to see which mod it was I Sort Master on that mod so it turned from yellow to green. Rebuilt the bash patch. Loaded up the game, loaded up the last save, entered the Palace and crash. Loaded the previous save, listened to Jygalag talk, entered the Palace, crash. So, I've gone though things in the order that was suggested, installed mods, sorted the mod order, made sure all the mods were blue / green / black in Wyre Bash, built the patch, and still no fix, it keeps crashing when I enter the Palace. I've been in and out of the Palace dozens of times during the Shivering Isles quests and now, at the end, it decides to crash when I enter it. WTH?

Updated Mods and Mod Order

https://pastebin.com/iaXdaNsM

After looking over the UESP Wiki articles on the SI end quests (SE13 & SE14) a couple of details stand out to me, in particular from the SE13 article ...

"Once you enter the palace courtyard and start this quest, it is not possible to re-enter the surrounding buildings until the quest has been completed."

and also

"Upon successfully completing the quest, a trophy of the Sword of Jyggalag will appear on a platform in Sheogorath's Palace. Unlike other trophies, this is a real leveled weapon and can be picked up and used. While it is technically enabled at the end of this quest, you cannot return to the throne room until the next quest has started."

Open the console and enter the command ...

getstage SE13

and also

getstage SE14

and report what each of those commands returns.

After looking over the UESP Wiki articles on the SI end quests (SE13 & SE14) a couple of details stand out to me, in particular from the SE13 article ...

"Once you enter the palace courtyard and start this quest, it is not possible to re-enter the surrounding buildings until the quest has been completed."

and also

"Upon successfully completing the quest, a trophy of the Sword of Jyggalag will appear on a platform in Sheogorath's Palace. Unlike other trophies, this is a real leveled weapon and can be picked up and used. While it is technically enabled at the end of this quest, you cannot return to the throne room until the next quest has started."

Open the console and enter the command ...

getstage SE13

and also

getstage SE14

and report what each of those commands returns.

SE13 is 195.00

SE14 is 5.00

It looks to me like SE13 didn't completely finish, but SE14 has started. In SE13 you are missing stages 200 and 255.

Try using the console to setstage SE13 200 and then setstage SE13 255 (I would close the console between issuing the first and give the game a few seconds to digest the first command before doing the second, but I'm just like that ... don't walk and chew gum at the same time either).

- Edit - After entering those SE13 commands do another getstage SE14 and see what it reports.

It looks to me like SE13 didn't completely finish, but SE14 has started. In SE13 you are missing stages 200 and 255.

Try using the console to setstage SE13 200 and then setstage SE13 255 (I would close the console between issuing the first and give the game a few seconds to digest the first command before doing the second, but I'm just like that ... don't walk and chew gum at the same time either).

- Edit - After entering those SE13 commands do another getstage SE14 and see what it reports.

There we go. I didn't have to do the 255 one, it kicked over automatically. Flipping bizarre that it would kick off the next without finishing the last. O.o Thank you for your help.