Salt mines and salt "veins"

noobax

Well, instead of placing them everywhere, how about just making one or two mines dedicated to salt? All the salt in skyrim's gotta come from somewhere right?

And well, my current game seems to be jinxed, i can barely find any salt in barrels and sacks

I dont think that salt shaker thing will work, as the recipes consume the entire item. A different way could be to let you convert salt piles into pinches of salt. However, thats a little overly complex (need to change all recipes, make new ones), so the dedicated mines thing would work better. If someone could provide me with a retexture, i think i could probably figure the rest out

This is a great idea. I'd love to see it implemented. There are also tons of ingots and ore just laying around in Skyrim, that doesn't mean we don't need ore veins. Salt is the same way, especially if you use any kind of enhancement mod that requires you cook, like Total Realism, Frostfall, etc.

Oh, yeah! I was planning to retex the rock that the vein is embedded in as well as the ore, but the stone quarry is a much a better idea. I totally forgot about that one since I never actually bothered to extract the files from the Hearthfire bsa. Plus the script already gives you four items at a time instead of one and the texture isn't a cubemap. Oh, but using the quarry would make Hearthfire a requirement and idk how many people actually have it.

You could, in theory, just repackage the necessary files so that Hearthfire isn't necessary. Although, maybe that is illegal...so maybe not.

Alternatively, and probably legally, you could make one that requires Hearthfire at first, while you work on one that doesn't.

Edited by AH1

Yeah, it would be illegal. Beth doesn't want people uploading unmodified versions of their stuff. Even if we were to modify it, I don't think it would be fair to provide modified content to people who haven't paid for the original content it was based on. Actually, I think that might also be illegal anyways.