Rain/Snow locations

Robinsage

Hi all

I'm assuming that some locations in Skyrim have both rain and snow occur at different times. I need to find out which locations have both possible weathers. I've tried looking at climate data but don't see anything. Cell data isn't very helpful either.

So is there some other way to determine which locations have both weather types? Is there a list of known weathers by locations somewhere? (wishful thinking)

I've given your question some thought, and for me the answer is no.

I guess the basic logic at play here is that if you're in an environment that can allow for snow then the precipitation will be snowing. If you're in a warmer environment then it'll rain instead (?)

However I too would like to know how and where in Creation Kit weather zones / triggering points are. I know that each area type has its own weather setting, but as the OP asked - how do these settings get applied?

Right. If you look in regional settings you can see the weather settings for most areas, but it's not easy to see the regional settings for ALL areas unless you know what type of zone they are in (tundra, tundra no precip, mountain, etc.). Finding the zone info for a given cell or location has been a bit cryptic.

Take Morthal for example. I assumed it was a snowy climate given the snow all over the ground. But I have only seen it rain there - no snow. Windhelm - despite it's relative location upwind of volcanic tundra seems to be a snow only climate (as verified in regional info), but Solitude which is far to the North and in proximity to a presumably arctic sea only seems to get rain.

So I resorted to just camping my test character at the locations in question and waiting for days on end for precipitation types. I wish there was a list or easier way to verify specific climates for specific locations..

And come to think of it I have not seen both rain and snow in the same location over time. Maybe I just haven't waited long enough =\