Skyrim mods and memory use?

youngwalkingcorpse

Hey, guys.

So, here's the thing: I use a lot of mods, 180+ mods with an ENB. Most of these mods (about 110-130) are just graphics and visual enhancements. The game looks just magnificent now. But here's the problem: it freezes at 2.3 - 2.5 GB of RAM used. I recently tried to do some huge battles, so I spawned 100 Stormcloaks and 100 Imperials. It was going pretty well, without too much lag, and after about 30 - 40 seconds, it just froze.
So, is there a way to let Skyrim use more RAM? Oh, btw, I already did that with CFF Explorer.

My specs:
8GB RAM

AMD Radeon 6770HD

Intel Core i7 3.40 GHz

Windows 7 64-bit

Welcome to Engine limitations 101.

No, you can't really make Skyrim run any better or use more RAM once it's eating that much. You may be able to reduce how much RAM you're using through cutting back on some things in the .ini (shadows, uGrids, etc.) or you could be experienceing issues due to bad tweaks in your .ini (these usually pertain to Papyrus).

I don't really think it matters what you do with all of your settings though, the game just plain doesn't like too many actors being loaded at once. That's a big reason why the game is as sparsely populated as it is. That's also why a lot of mods don't play well with large load orders.

VRAM issues almost always present with microstutter so, even though your VRAM bank is low for a modded Skyrim installation, I highly doubt that's the cause of your freezing.

Edited by MShoap13