Touching The Sky Bug

Deleted2628341User

Okay, I've searched the forums on the Nexus and haven't even seen this particular issue addressed, if I missed something please link me to the topic.

In the Touching The Sky quest for Dawnguard, I've progressed to the point where I first meet Knight-Palading Gelebor in the cave at the altar for Auriel. He won't initiate any conversation with me and I have to get really close before he moves at all, otherwise he's just stuck at the altar. If I initiate conversation it progresses normally until the conversation ends and he says "Yes, let me show you," at which point he returns to the altar and either stands there or prays, he doesn't even move towards the wayshrine to cast the spell as I know he's supposed to do.

I've played through Dawnguard a couple times on previous playthroughs some time before the latest update. I had one playthrough where I made it to this point and tried everything I could think of to get around the issue aside from using console commands (I really don't care to mess my game up any more than it already is).

So, I started a brand new playthrough, got to this point again and am having the exact same problem. I did a little bit of the main quest and a few sidequests.

Does anyone know a fix for this that doesn't involve console commands? Apparently the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch doesn't address this issue as I've had it since I got Dawnguard. My game is up-to-date with no real way to rollback to a previous version, I am running a number of mods that have never presented an issue before.

I have Dawnguard and Dragonborn, didn't really care to get Hearthfire. I want to reacquire Auriel's Bow legitimately, any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

OMG I swear i asked this too a long time ago and no one fraking responded on here, even looked at my post, pissed me off so much, I asked Bethsupport and all they said was remove all the mods then it should work, then just add them back when your past that part. Which I ended up doing and it worked, but gosh I hate how no one bothered to give a simple solution to this even with UDGPatch.