strange instance of resource doubling in game

ExoKallum

From the Intro to GECK pages:

"Games prior to Skyrim don't support overriding of assets in archives using other archives; only loose files can. If the same resource is contained in several BSA archives, those games won't use it from the last BSA on 100% of occasions. They may grab the resource from a random one of the BSAs containing the same file"

I think I understand what this means in that assets are meshes and textures, but a strange thing happened a while ago and I wonder if anyone knows if it is related to a change in the above made by NVSE or something else at some point:

I came across a container that had a double of every item in it. When removing any of the items, it's double would also be removed (but not to my inventory) For instance in the case of the ammo the duplicate stack would count down simultaneous to the one I was taking from, but corresponding ammo would not be added to my inventory, i.e. no double items gained.

I think I can fix whatever's wrong myself, advice welcome, but it was such a strange situation that I'm curious about how it came about. I'm kinda guessing it has something to do with leveled lists(?) since the "container" was a vendor NPC I accidentally annihilated out in the waste :smile: Also, I'm doubly curious HAHA because awhile ago I came across a mod problem on reddit where every NPC had 4 eyes....

Hm. That makes sense. Actually, I can't believe how stable my game appears to be considering the variety of experimental tweaks I have going. Other odd behaviors are NPC"s repeating gestures over and over for a few moments, sometimes in an uncanny fashion (since resolved), NPC's approaching the player character and eyeing it for a few beats before walking away... and also I guess absolutely uncanny commentary at some points lol - if you're interested that is.

Thanks for informing. this soothes my mind - I have enough to worry about in the wasteland and so does my doppelganger in null sector