Using Elric on Fallout 4

jayrichardm

I'm having a real problem with CTDs. The mod author for F4SE recomended using Elric to process mesh files (NIF) and texture files (TGA,DDS) into a more optimized form Fallout 4 will load. Following his instructions I can't get passed the first step.

Select the File->"Load Settings" menu option.
-Navigate to your Elric/Settings/PCMeshes.esf file.

There is no menu option "Load Settings", or if it is there I can't find it.

I'm having a real problem with CTDs. The mod author for F4SE recomended using Elric to process mesh files (NIF) and texture files (TGA,DDS) into a more optimized form Fallout 4 will load. Following his instructions I can't get passed the first step.

Select the File->"Load Settings" menu option.

-Navigate to your Elric/Settings/PCMeshes.esf file.

There is no menu option "Load Settings", or if it is there I can't find it.

I see from your "Here" picture that you pressed the word "File" and it brought up a menu with the Load Settings option on it. There is nothing to indicate that, that sub menu was hidden there. That is all I needed. Thanks a lot.

CTDs forced me to abandon 3 play throughs after 50 - 100 hours of play. The CTDs kept getting more frequent as time went by. Running Elric has fixed that. I have gone back to those games and the CTD problems are gone. Apparently the creation kit uses a generic type of meshs and textures that doesn't work well with Fallout 4 and they need to be reformatted for this game.