Can't find the bandit leader at Brodir Grove in Solstheim

DrengrHundr

Cannot find the leader at Brodir Grove. Had located it before so I fast traveled to it. There were a couple of small time thugs there, which I dispatched with a quickness, but no leader, just an arrow marking a spot on the ground. I have waited several times. I even traveled back to Skyrim and ran around for awhile, then upon my return, same arrow marking a spot on the ground with no leader.

If you already killed him...... you will have to wait for the cell to respawn.... and I am not sure if it will, with a quest involving it being active.... Is it possible he just fell thru the floor? Console commands may be your only solution. (either complete the quest, maybe try "kill all" while in the correct cell?)

Console commands may be your only solution. (either complete the quest, maybe try "kill all" while in the correct cell?)

There is actually another solution and that's go back to an earlier gamesave when the leader was still alive. :wink:

The problem there is that sometimes, you have no idea just how far you have to go back to successfully complete such a broken quest (or indeed if you can ever reach the target before it's killed off)

I just had to override a dawnguard quest (kill the master vampire at somewhere), because the master vamp had already been killed by something else before I arrived. (which was only within a minute or two of getting the quest, just long enough to get outside of fort Dawnguard and fast travel to the location.)

IFF you can figure out the quest ID, you can "step over" the missing target using ShowQuestStages and SetStage in console.