Aetherium Shard bug

Warte

hmm maybe it's the quest that is somehow broken, as in that glowing crystal shard is never identified as being part of this quest, it's probably a script that does this assignment and renames the shards correctly.

The lever is not on the map, I think it gets spawned when the ground shakes and the entrance comes up.

I have no clue either on how to change the quests.

• 1 month later...

I found a glowing crystal shard in Deep Folk Crossing. to show katria just type on console setstage dlc1ld 40 and my task quest tell i found 4/4 Aetherium shard. but in my inventory only 3 aeterium shard, plus 1 glowing crystal shard. the question is how to change the glowing crystal shard to aeterium shard ? any idea...

• 3 weeks later...

The dwemer control mechanism is the problem if only there was someway to unlock it. That glowing shard is pissing me off. Stranger you sait you were able to use tcl to find the lever underground. I've tried for ages trying to find it without success. At which setsatge did you do this?

I used the console to set 4/4 Aetherium Shards and the quest was saying to meet Katria at the forge entrance, there I met her and placed the 3 shards then used the codes again until I got the message to stand clear, then the ground started shaking and the lever spawned underground. I think it was on setstage 160 that I started the console code to get the forge entrance out, not sure and I don't have any of my old save games.

I'm guessing our items are stored in the save game, so I wonder if there is any tool that allows you to see exactly what is written on the save file.

Sadly... I am also having this problem.

I took three aetherium pieces, but the fourth was glowing glass shard and I typed setstage dlc1ld 30 so that the quest could update, and it did. Then I went to Bthalft and Katrina was there, but I can't activate the mechanism because it doesn't recognise the glowing glass shard!!! It is so frustrating. I then used commands to advance the quest but the lever would not appear... I used coc dlc1bthalft01 to teleport to the aetherium forge, updated quest to " shut steam vents" part but lol... I couldn't place the aetherium crest in the forge because I was in combat?! Yet there was no enemy around... I tried three times and still was in combat; disabled AI too. Katrina didn't stay with me... she was just running to the lift to exit the forge...

I can't return to an older save because this is a bug that appeared from the start of the quest somehow :(. And strangely, didn't happened to me before. This is should have been the third time when I start and complete this awesome, yet buggy quest.

FWIW: This quest isn't entirely broken...

I stumbled across a shard while not directly on the quest which then triggered it off and told me to go the the start location of the quest (where you meet the ghost adventurer). After completing this section (with the tonal "puzzle") I had a dialogue option to state that I'd already found one shard. Upon picking up the 2nd shard my map showed the location of the third shard, which I picked up, but it never showed the location of the last shard. I used WiKi to remind me where it was and (after stumbling around the mountains near Markarth for ages) I picked up the last shard, the ghost reappeared and told me to go the next location and the map updated accordingly, so I'm now back on track.

This is my 5th playthrough of Skyrim, but only the second time I've bothered with this quest - the first went ok but the quest was initiated "correctly" using the intended sequence of events and has only failed on me this time, which I assume was due to me collecting a shard piece before the quest had started.

I don't have a solution to provide other than use an internet guide to er, guide you through the shard collection process and hope that any errors resolve themselves by the time you have all of the shards. The best advice I can give (well to myself anyway) is to not pick up any shards in future playthroughs (if I have any more of them) until the quest has started properly, to help it not bug out and mess the quest line up.

Edited by LargeStyle

Hey :smile:

I fixed the problem. I completed the quest AND got the aetherial item.

What I did is simply advance the quest through the in-game commands: setstage dlc1ld 170 176 181 190 195. Now I teleported to the forge with coc dlc1bthalft01 and went to the gate with resonators, opened the gate by firing arrows at them, then went to the forge chamber. I continued the commands: setstage dlc1ld 210 220 then picked the materials from the chest and then typed setstage dlc1ld 225, ending the quest, then I went to the forge, clicked 'e' on it and showed me the three aetherial items that I could forge :D, I didn't even had the aetherium crest and I could still craft one item with the materials.

Woah... I am so relieved. Please try this method and report if it works :}.

+Ark+

• 1 month later...

Man... Dawnguard is some bloody bugged crap.

Almost half of the quests were bugged for me and of course also this one.

I can't get it to finish.

I got 3 shards and one glowing crystal shard.

When I activate the dwemer thingy it places 2 inside and the third remains in my inventory.

Whatever, I tried messing around with the console and can get to the point where I can craft that Aetherium stuff.

But: The quest doesn't disappear from my quest log after I do setstage dlc1ld 225.

So how can I get this bugged mess out of my log?

• 1 month later...

After some hours I just gave up, completed the quest in the console (I got the steam achievement, so that question is also out of the way) and gave myself the crown. Looks like I also had to give the perk to myself. Anyway, I have two stones active, so not going to touch it anymore :)

This was a very nasty bug :-|