Framerate optimizers?

endgamecutter

Hey, with SkyRe in the state its in right now, I'm looking to get back into Skyrim, but I'm finding things to be a bit choppy. I could try to fiddle with my graphic settings, but that is both extremely tedious due to having to reboot my game constantly to check half the options, and the internet says my computer exceeds the recommended specs to run this game, so I refuse to have to knock everything to ultra low just to get a decent framerate. So I remembered that Oblivion had a number of performance enhancing mods for it, and was wondering if Skyrim had any such things? I've tried looking around, but haven't found much, sorry if I've just been really blind about that.

Not sure what card you have, but "fiddling with your graphics settings" is the easiest way, IMO, to get your framerate limited properly. It is easy enough to do if you have a Geforce card, not sure about Radeon, but I imagine it is similar.

Depending on your monitor, you may need simply to adjust your framerate from 60 to 58, to avoid conflicts with your screen's refresh rate.

The choppy thing may well be your framerate, although there are a few other causes, like maybe needing to adjust your pre-rendered frames, or possiblyyour mouse speed.

Or if you have a background process interfering, that can also result in choppy play.

Try setting iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4000000000 (if you have at least 8 gigs of memory) Set it to HALF your RAM! I currently use the most taxing ENB and texture replacers with all kinds of INI setting tweaked to make the game load further, and still get 45~50 FPS on average thanks to this tweak!

Not sure what card you have, but "fiddling with your graphics settings" is the easiest way, IMO, to get your framerate limited properly. It is easy enough to do if you have a Geforce card, not sure about Radeon, but I imagine it is similar.

Depending on your monitor, you may need simply to adjust your framerate from 60 to 58, to avoid conflicts with your screen's refresh rate.

The choppy thing may well be your framerate, although there are a few other causes, like maybe needing to adjust your pre-rendered frames, or possiblyyour mouse speed.

Or if you have a background process interfering, that can also result in choppy play.

I assume I set that in the console commands? or is there some text file in the skyrim folder?