ELnFX or RLO?

yeti1069

So, I've run the game with ELnFX and the RLO additions to ELnFX, and I love the way the game looks. In particular, I enjoy the removal of light not coming from a discreet light source, the added smoke to candles, and the improved shadows. However, I've read that RLO is going to discontinue its support for ELnFX soon, and I'm wondering which of the two I should stick with, so I'm looking for opinions on the two from people who have tried both.

Really, only you can answer that.

My personal favorite ENB/Lightening is all bundled up into one Mod, Superb ENB RL. I love the sound of candle smoke though.

Often, mixing mods does come out cooler, but over time, as both become more complex, discontinue support is a very likely possibility.

I'll look those mods up and tell you what I think though...

RLO seems cool, I'll see if I can download it, then tell you what I think.

Couldn't find the other one. =[

Due to the amount of updates going to be pushed out by RLO i would lead more towards this one because it is going to have similar effects like ELNFX did. I have used both and i tend to enjoy RLO more because it is more realistic, if you want more of a fantasy lighting go for ELNFX

I personally tried RLO and wasn't that impressed with it. Sure, the lighting might be more "realistic," but it doesn't give much of an atmosphere. ELnFX maintains that somewhat.

I'm still using the RLO ELnFX plugins with ELnFX for now, until I see what each mod ends up doing down the road.

The highlights of the two, for me, are the tying all (most?) lit areas directly to discreet light sources, and adjusting interior lighting based on time of day/weather outside. My understanding is that ELnFX does the former (for the most part), and RLO the latter.