"Animate" Magazine Follower on Handmade Rifle.

Does anyone know if it is possible to force remove certain weapon mods from a players weapon without unequiping it? I could swear I remember seeing a post that said you had to unequip the weapon before you could change any mods on it which segways into my main topic. Hypothetically speaking if there was a way to force change weapon mods whilst the player was holding it could I make a magazine have 30 child nodes for bullets and then one by one change them from a "filled" slot with a bullet to an "empty" slot with a null child mod and then use a script with F4SE to keep track of how many rounds were fired and make that many rounds visible? Imagine something akin to Metro 2033's AK magazines with the cut-outs in the side that allow you to see how many rounds you have, that's what I'm trying to emulate.

Thanks for the input!

• 3 weeks later...

You could probably do it the same way as this mod does the "weapon degradation".

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49138

It uses ObjectModifications for the "current degradation value".

So you could have 30 OMODs (if you have a 30 bullet mag).

The 3D model of each mag has "one less" bullet in it and you just "switch through" the OMODs as the mag is getting "emptied".

I don't know how fast switching OMODs is, but since the game would have to load meshes I think it would be slow ...

Too slow for an automatic weapon ....

But I don't know ....