Does Shamans go College of Winterhold?

AlienSensei

I'm playing as an Orc Shaman right now, however, I do not know if it's fitting to go to college of winterhold I have already joined, however would it be weird to have a Orc Shaman-like Arch-mage? After all, it's called Arch-mage.. I kinda thought that the reason he joined was to learn, not to become a mage, however he pracitced their skills to learn a lot. I'm also wondering is there a mod that makes me not have to become Arch mage if that is not already implented...

"Mage" is an alternate term for "Magi" which simply means "magic user" and does not specify any type or method of using magic in particular. A shaman, a druid, a warlock, a priest, are all 'Mages' that is why the college and guild's are always called 'Mages' college/guild, and not "wizards college"

And the fact that he is an orc really doesn't change much, in fact, orcs are natural leaders, even if they aren't naturally the most gifted at magic. My cousin's character is an orc battle mage who can go toe to toe with the best mages, and the best warriors.

As for not being the archmage, I don't know of any mods, but the other characters make it pretty clear it's pretty much just an honorary title, and comes with little real power or responsibilities. Kinda like the harbinger of the companions.