Elric of Melnibone Skyrim Overhaul request

MightyZ0G

I am hoping that there is a really good modder out there who is looking for inspiration for a total overhaul.

if there isn't then nothing lost and no harm done :smile:

anyway, I have been a long time fan of Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion and especially Elric the deposed Melnibonean Emperor who has taken to wandering the Young Kingdoms as a mercenary/adventurer on quests of revenge against sorcerors and to thwart the gods who meddle in the affairs of men.

Skyrim has the perfect game engine to overhaul for this.

here is a link to the wiki page

and here is a link to a map of The Young Kingdoms

the lords of law and chaos are similar to The 9 and The Daedric Princes respectively.

magic is based on elementals so instead of following destruction magic, a mage would use fire elementals for fireballs and other fire based magic or water elementals for icespikes, etc.

there are also many weapons and items of armour that are enchanted in some way and healing is mainly achieved through alchemy.

I really hope someone or a group of modders think this is worth looking at but if they don't then so be it.

but even if no-one takes up this idea, I really hope that at least 1 person goes out and reads these books considering that In the Elder Scrolls video games, the Daedric artifact Ebony Blade is based on Elric's sword Stormbringer and grows stronger whenever its wielder kills friendly NPCs.

• 7 months later...

Wow, I hate to beat a dead horse but at the risk of being scolded, I'm merely voicing my thanks to the original poster; instead of posting another thread, why not just add to this one. I absolutely love Moorcock's Elric Saga. I've actually done my best to recreate The White Wolf on a few character builds, the best one perhaps being based on a High Elf.
Anyway, in an effort not to ramble on, I'd just like to voice my interest in such a thing as well. Thanks again, Mighty Zog -- it's always a treat to find other Elric fanatics out and about!

If someone does make an Elric overhaul to Skyrim or other Skyrim mods based on the Elric Saga, just an FYI that the Cerwiden -SMART Healer- AI Configurable Companion by Mujuro
mod incorporates a bit of this, since she is Priestess of Donblas. I haven't gotten far enough in her quest to meet some of her "friends", but I seem to recall that Elric may be encountered as an NPC in this mod.

• 6 years later...