Need help with an Npc

StormKat33

I need help creating a drunk NPC. I took a copy of Embry from Riverwood Sleeping Giant's Inn and tried to make a copy for myself and renamed him. Only to find out that the original scripts that belonged to him were removed automatically due to a name change. Even if I go to the Quest category where his scripts are I even made my own Scene and found out that the Scene won't start up when I test it in the game.

Why is this? I learned everything. Is there something I'm missing? I need some help here please.

Thanks

I was able to create a drunk for a mod I am working on, by creating a NPC, then giving him a custom AI package.

When you create an NPC, the problem with duplicating specific character's AI packages, is that they may be set for specific conditions, places, targets, etc.

But you can click on the AI package table, and then create what you would like. (there are also defaults that are very useful)

If you right click on the AI package table, then click "new" it will pull up a new window, and you can make what you want, including specific idles. So in my case, I added specific idles for my character to drink, act drunk, nod off, look out into the distance, etc. You can also set up specific schedules.

I am just barely learning about modding myself. I am sure there are many people with a lot more experience who could give you a more elegant solution.

Mostly I have just used the CK wiki tutorials and a lot of trial and error. Anyway, I hope this help you!

I was able to create a drunk for a mod I am working on, by creating a NPC, then giving him a custom AI package.

When you create an NPC, the problem with duplicating specific character's AI packages, is that they may be set for specific conditions, places, targets, etc.

But you can click on the AI package table, and then create what you would like. (there are also defaults that are very useful)

If you right click on the AI package table, then click "new" it will pull up a new window, and you can make what you want, including specific idles. So in my case, I added specific idles for my character to drink, act drunk, nod off, look out into the distance, etc. You can also set up specific schedules.

I am just barely learning about modding myself. I am sure there are many people with a lot more experience who could give you a more elegant solution.

Mostly I have just used the CK wiki tutorials and a lot of trial and error. Anyway, I hope this help you!

I am already familiar with AI packages. I just didn't know you could go into detail.

Could you show me how to do it real quick?