After reinstalling DLC Ultra High Resolution, having Black Face Issues

dwharper34

I have been having crashing issues for a while now and I heard the DLC Ultra High Resolution may be to blame. I moved the DLC Texture files to a new separate folder, so I could move them back for verification if needed. Lacking the DLC caused me many more problems that I did not have before. The first major one is that bridges changed colors and when you walked on them you would fall below it. Building were not there at all. Saving and reloading usually helped. I now know that loose files can be a problem, but I didn't at the time. I extracted all the Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2 ( 1 through 9 ) to see if that would help. I downloaded a lot of texture files and that helped a lot. I crashed almost every time I went through a door or fast traveled. Saving then reloading before go through the doors usually worked.

I have about ten companions and I started getting the Black Face bug with about half of them. Each companion has separate meshes and textures, so I used FO4Edit on my esp file "Aces Companions" which keeps track of them. I keep the esp as low in the load order as possible. In this esp, I have a Non-Player Character (Actor) folder for each of them. There is a head texture row in the mod columns listed by load order, each mod column has the name of the head texture, if used. Fallout 4 is in the 1st column and it has the original head texture. Fallout 4 has a few default head textures that cover most actors, such as SkinHeadMayor, SkinHeadHeroFemale and Male, etc. By using a combination of the files or not using any at all, I was able to get rid of the Black Faces.

I found that the DLC Ultra High Resolution was not causing any problems I could tell. I still had many more problems than I had before, so I went ahead and put the DLC textures back. Now Nick and Sturges have the Black Face issue that they didn't have before. I installed the mod "High Res DLC Black Face Fix" but it did not help. I am running the mod "Generation 3 Nick Valentine" which had no problems initially, but the author has closed the mod temporarily so I can not ask him about it. Nick's original texture is SkinHeadValentine from when he was a Gen 2 synth (prototype). If I use that the black face goes away, but his face get all messed up. The mod "Generation 3 Nick Valentine" has no texture for his head. Trying the other Fallout default textures didn't work either.

If anyone has an idea how to fix this, I would appreciate it! Thanks for your time!