Making Skyrim less "fantasy"-help my mod list

chacotaco91

If I recall from the SOIAF books, magic being used by actual people is hardly present at all, and what little magic is present is only used for manufacturing wildfire (can't think of any other uses off the top of my head). That means you'll have to find something else to study at the college of winterhold. If the SOIAF books are anything to go by, you would also have to change the scripts of most men to turn them into complete dickheads.

By the way, hate to contradict the OP but I can't think of a single instance of a common soldier using anything equipment that isn't steel. Even bandits rarely use anything above steel.

Finally, am I the only one who thinks the realistic looking maces and swords just look pathetic?

Edited by scissorhands

The thing is, I like my Skyrim as realistic as possible, ie like a medieval (?) world. That is why I would rather have iron, steel and leather as viable options for the whole game, with things such as daedric only being aesthetic.

By 'realistic', do you mean being as close to real life as possible, or something like George R R Martin's ASOIAF series (fantasy but believeable)? If its the former, then you'd lose out on 90% of the game: no magic, dragons, giants, draugr, skeletons, mammoths (extinct millenia before)... If its the latter, then you wouldn't have to make many changes at all when you think about it. In the ASOIAF series, the best swords were made out a metal known as Valyrian steel, which was much lighter and harder than ordinary steel, but the secrets of forging it had been lost beyond recovery. When you think about it, that isn't far off daedric: much stronger than any other material in the game, and no-one knows how to make it (well, at least none of the blacksmiths do).

By the way, I am aware that there exists fantasy worlds other than the ASOIAF series, I was just citing that as an example.